Kitten likes to stick her nose in mine?

gimli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I mean she actually puts her nose into my nostrils!! She does it randomly and my other cat owner friends say that's never happened to them before. My kitten, Freya, is only nine weeks old and I've had her home for a weak. She's the first kitten I've ever owned so sorry if this is a silly question!! I've just been very curious. Is it because she smells something interesting up there?

burretje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nose to nose is a friendly greeting among cats. So take it as a compliment, she likes you. One of my cats does this as well. I think it is cute. 

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This goes on in various levels, but some cats are more forceful than others.  Our Sterling likes to stick his nose right in our nose when we pick him up.  It's kind of a "Hi, where you been lately?" type of thing for cats.

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats do that if they jump up close to my face or if I'm holding them. I figured they're just being affectionate or saying hello. 

sassyscoopers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does the same thing!  her little nose on mine, her little paws holding onto me,

its adorable!!

biscuit55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 11-wk old Biscuit does this, too, only she tends to take it a step further. I get woken up daily by her little "face baths" and her favorite part seems to be licking the inside of my nostril. 
 It hurts like the dickens but I don't have the heart to make her stop. (Not to mention that when I try to stop her she latches on with her devil claws 
)

I'm half hoping she will grow out of it, but I do love the attention!

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For many years my cat put her nose so close to my eye (not always the same one) I could not see anything else and sniffed it. So no, that is not a silly question at all!