Kitten likes being gently pushed around while petted? Or am I doing something wrong?

Detronlegacy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

Kitten and I are very comfortable. She is 4 months, and in the "skinny body, super long legs" stage of kitten development.

She seems to like being petted very...hard. like so hard that she slides along the polished wood floor, or digs her claws into the carpet so she doesn't get pushed, etc.

I've found that she likes these kind of intense pets after we play... she'll lie on the floor and I come over to her and pet her, push her around, even pick her up, turn her over to her belly, etc.

After a minute or so she gets up and tries to move away...still purring, and seems to like it if I gently push her over and keep petting her.

When she does get away, she goes maybe four feet and lies down again and looks at me.

I'm really puzzled here. Cat body language tells me that she loves it... purring, relaxed fur, no tail twitches, etc. But I don't want to hurt or scare her.

Is this kind of play normal for kittens? Should I stop petting and playing with her like that? Please help.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats like what they like and some prefer stronger rubbing and petting than others.

Unless she starts attacking your hands I would keep doing what she enjoys. The more she allows handling of any kind the easier it is going to be to groom her, trim her claws and pill her if needed..