Kitten Itching But Not Fleas? Rogue Breeders Suggestions Would Be Great

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cihanthepanda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright guys positive update!
let me just type this
So. 8 days on, the kitten is barely itching at all. and i mean barely.
It went from every several minutes last weekend, to a few days ago it was once an hour.
Ive been off work the last 24 hours and have seen her itch maybe once maximum and that was more your standard scratch, not an excessive grooming scratch!!
Ive also noticed the flatuence that the kitten had the first few days, where he would randomly pass wind for no reason, has stopped.

He does have dry skin, i can tell by the dandruffy flakes from time to time in his fur, but weve only had him 10 days, so things take time.

I think he was massively neglected from his previous owner, i do not know what he was being fed, but even going to the toilet hurt him, he was constantly passing wind, and itching (although to this day we never saw a flea on him)

Whatever has happened in his previous ownership, the fleaing, shampooing, mass cleaning seems to have worked wonders as he doesnt itch anymore

The dry food we are giving him now seems to have alleviated any gas problems.

And ive noticed that now that we have a nice big litter box of fresh catsan litter, he isnt crying anymore when he goes to the toilet

(His anus was very swollen when we first got him).

I still think he has somewhat of a dry skin condition, but we have had some information from the person who sold him to us that she wasnt even the owner she got him off a farm ? ?????! (not what they told us originally), and he was 3 and a half months old not 10 weeks old , etc, basically we were lied to a lot, and this is not what we originally wanted, a problem kitten, but to see him sat next to us, purring away, happy while munching on his kitty food is such a joy.

I have no idea at all what kind of a previous life he had,but all that itching, his crying when going to toilet etc, i dread to think.

He is in a good place now, and we love him dearly.

I get paid from work next friday, and i will be going to the vets with him.

Thank you for everyone who has replied, and will definatly keep updated.

PS here is him sat here whilst im typing this very message