Kitten is lethargic

Niharika_k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 months old kitten has been very lethargic, sleeps a lot and doesn't play. It looks he doesn't want to walk much he wants to sit in one place. But he has been eating and pooping. And there is no vomiting yet. Is there something wrong with my kitten? He was fine till yesterday morning and then he started sleeping and being lethargic. Should I take him to vet or should I wait for one more day or two?

P.s this is the colour and consistency of his poop

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That young, a kitten can recover very quickly with the right care or they can go downhill very quickly. Under a year old, I go to the vet first. Over a year old, I will wait up to 72 hours if there aren't any emergency signs. All to say, go to the vet. Sometimes all it will be is some supportive care but sometimes that's all kittens need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Niharika_k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That young, a kitten can recover very quickly with the right care or they can go downhill very quickly. Under a year old, I go to the vet first. Over a year old, I will wait up to 72 hours if there aren't any emergency signs. All to say, go to the vet. Sometimes all it will be is some supportive care but sometimes that's all kittens need.
I took him to the vet they. Did a blood test and said that his white blood cells are low because of some viral infection. They gave him an antibiotic shot because there is no anti viral. He seems fine now playing and eating. Vet said if he stops eating or vomits to get him immediately as they need to start with drips. I need to get that shot today and tomorrow also for him.

Niharika_k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I did that thank you!!

Niharika_k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any news?
I took him to the vet they. Did a blood test and said that his white blood cells are low because of some viral infection. They gave him an antibiotic shot because there is no anti viral. He seems fine now playing and eating. Vet said if he stops eating or vomits to get him immediately as they need to start with drips. I need to get that shot today and tomorrow also for him.