Kitten Is Lethargic And Eyes Barely Open Third Lid Is Showing

Rmariona62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my kitten was acting so weird today she ran trhough my room like crazy like if she was scared when i ran to see what was going on she had saliba kind of like foam but wasent really, i carried him to the bathroom to check for any wounds or bites but didn't see anything at all , im very worry he may have rabies but hes not acting aggressive at all , he just laying down with hes eyes close barley opening them i offered water and he drink it , while he was resting he started shaking and moving like crazy breathing really fast but this time he didnt had foam or saliba, one of the eyes is swollen and im trying to figure out what can be wrong , i cant take it to the vet right now because i lived on a ranch and the vet is 1 and 45 minuts and its close right now , the kitten is one of 6 i rescued the other kittens are acting normal like nothing, and the kitten that is lethargic is just laying down breathing slowly i offer water but would not take it can this be seizures ? Or rabies im so worry i want to cry my two kids are so sad because they hate when animals suffer , i upload a picture of the kittens eye maybe thay would help for answers, tomarrow hes going to the vet

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounds pretty sick, I’m so sorry this is happening. I’m not a vet, so I can’t really guess what is going on. I know it’s far but can you go to the vet first thing in the morning? Or is there an emergency vet you can call and get expert advice?

I hope he feels better soon! :vibes: :redheartpump:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is it ate something poisonous.

If you cant take it to the vet, you may treat is "conservatively":

keep it warm and comfortable, low light. Massage it. give it water with some glucose sugar in it (in practice, it will be honey or white caro syrup).
You can also smear sweet water with this honey on its lips and gums - gives some energhy and makes the kitten may survive a couple of days even if it cant eat.

Pray and send positive energhy vibes...

If you manage to get it to throw up, it may help some.

Afterwards, such a sweetened water with a trace of kitchen salts in.

Its of course really an immediate vet errand.

So my kitten was acting so weird today she ran trhough my room like crazy like if she was scared when i ran to see what was going on she had saliba kind of like foam but wasent really, i carried him to the bathroom to check for any wounds or bites but didn't see anything at all , im very worry he may have rabies but hes not acting aggressive at all , he just laying down with hes eyes close barley opening them i offered water and he drink it , while he was resting he started shaking and moving like crazy breathing really fast but this time he didnt had foam or saliba, one of the eyes is swollen and im trying to figure out what can be wrong , i cant take it to the vet right now because i lived on a ranch and the vet is 1 and 45 minuts and its close right now , the kitten is one of 6 i rescued the other kittens are acting normal like nothing, and the kitten that is lethargic is just laying down breathing slowly i offer water but would not take it can this be seizures ? Or rabies im so worry i want to cry my two kids are so sad because they hate when animals suffer , i upload a picture of the kittens eye maybe thay would help for answers, tomarrow hes going to the vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rmariona62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took him to the vet , did blood test and nothing show up !!! No uti no rabis , so he couldn't give me an answer, im so mad and stressed, he asked me if he got hit by a car i said no because he didn't have any wounds or blood , so he say i dont know what to tell you , he was eating and drinking water today and doctors didn't prescribe anything st all. When i bought him home he was eating and drinking water , just as i went to the restroom i heard noises and came runing and it was the kitten he look spaced out and hes tail was puffy again idk what to do.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you didn't get an answer from the vet! First, don't stress because it's great news that it isn't rabies! Rabies is deadly and dangerous.

I wonder if he has a neurological problem, like he's having seizures or some kind of fit? Maybe you can take a video of him when he's like this and show it to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rmariona62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He sounds pretty sick, I’m so sorry this is happening. I’m not a vet, so I can’t really guess what is going on. I know it’s far but can you go to the vet first thing in the morning? Or is there an emergency vet you can call and get expert advice?

I hope he feels better soon! :vibes: :redheartpump:

Just and updated, he is having seizures, i took him to a vet near my moms house he is staying in the hospital , to see if they can control hes convulsions, for now i have to wait and see what the dr. Would tell me

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for updating, I am so sorry he is sick! Sending all my best vibes your way! :vibes::heartshape:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates? To me, his eye looks like he may have had some sort of head injury. But the foaming could be poison or reaction to a venomous bite or sting. Please tell your children know that we here at TCS are praying for their kitten to be okay :alright::vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug: