Kitten I Found In My Car’s Motor

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I thought I’d share some pictures of a kitten I found in my car’s motor. My neighbor told me he heard meowing all night coming from my car. We checked the hood and deep inside was a kitten. We struggled a lot but were able to pull the little kitten out! I’m not sure how old they are, I’m guessing three to four weeks (but I’m not sure). They are so itty bitty.

Here’s what they looked like when I first pulled the kitten out. I cleaned it’s face because it was full of dried discharge in one eye and it’s nose was plugged. The poor kitten was shaking.

Here is the kitten after cleaning it’s face. I had to bathe them because they smelled sooo much like car gunk and they were FULL of fleas! As soon as I put soap I had to spend like 30 minute picking all the fleas off of it’s face.

Here’s the kitten after a bath, flea-clean up, drying, a heating pad, and a big meal! My next door neighbor decided to keep the kitten as she wanted a friend for her current cat and took the kitten to the vet.
I never thought this would happen to me, but I’m so glad we were able to rescue this kitten and give it a forever home!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great story.

Im so glad the kitten was saved. Thanks to you and your neighbor.

Here in canada, I have heard cats under engine hoods can be a problem. Apparently they climb up in their to keep warm in the winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a great story.

Im so glad the kitten was saved. Thanks to you and your neighbor.

Here in canada, I have heard cats under engine hoods can be a problem. Apparently they climb up in their to keep warm in the winter.
The night before, it had rained very heavily all night. I’m guessing my engine was still a little warm from me using my car, so the kitten must have climbed in from underneath to keep warm. I’m just so glad we realized that the kitten was there before I used my car that morning.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats will go into car engines in the warm weather too. when something is chasing them the engine looks like a safe place because it has small nooks to hide in. Always smack the hood of the car and see if there is an answering meow. Don't assume the cat can get out the way they got in, many times they can't. Sometimes just opening the hood gives them a way out. Sometimes, as this one did, they need help.

You and your neighbor are good people.