Kitten help

Unicorn56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 week old kitten stomach is swollen no signs of worms and is making a weird noise. No idea what's going on

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take your kitten to the vet? The swelling along with the weird noise is concerning to me. I'm not sure of all the possible causes for this; I think a GI blockage might be one possibility, but there are surely other possible explanations. But, in any case, I think your kitten needs medical attention.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possibly constipated, but I agree that a trip to the vet is necessary. If your vet isn't open, try to find an emergency vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unicorn56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you take your kitten to the vet? The swelling along with the weird noise is concerning to me. I'm not sure of all the possible causes for this; I think a GI blockage might be one possibility, but there are surely other possible explanations. But, in any case, I think your kitten needs medical attention.
Going to he was fine until I got him back from my nieghbors. He isn't eating much I don't know if they overfed him or not

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He could easily got into himself something unsuitable. Do they have an adult cat? it could even be some clumping litter...

So yeah, a vet check up is in order. ASAP.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be gas. You can give him a couple drops of infant simethicone. Otherwise, it does sound like he needs to digest, vomit, or poop. Keep us posted!