Kitten help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hadzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So an update! After a few days where it was touch and go (he had a nasty reaction to prescribed meds and after a full night of vomiting he had to spend 24+ on a drip along with being IV fed/hydrated because he was dehydrated and on the brink of going into a hypoglycemic shock), he is doing so much better.

They said the problem was that he had a gardia infection, and he was literally riddled with parasites inside. They gave us alternate meds, and he is finally not on the runs any more!

They also said the KMR also wasn't helping and had caused a blockage, so when they released him, they told us to stop him off that. Regarding food, we are still having varying degrees of success. The vets told us he definitely wasn't weaned properly, so we need to reset everything we've been doing. We are hand feeding. All the food has to be blended into a slushy kind of consistency and fed to him throughout the day

The problem is, he HATES all cat food, wet and dry... we're getting round this right now by adding a few flakes of salmon which he loooooves to the whole concoction and tricking him into eating the rest of the food. We're hoping eventually he'll eat it without the salmon attached to it.

I'm glad to see concrete progress. Thank you guys for all your help! Your support has been invaluable

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pets at home do a kitten formula in the UK from birth, I know your kitty's been through so much and having problems with kitten food, so maybe if he even ate the meats and fish your offering, try him with the formula for nutrients, it does say from birth but I do often give it to my older cats as a treat and boost of nutrients when they go in heat they sometimes go off the food for a day or 2 before there cycle and this formula has been a game changer x

Last edited:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m glad to hear he is doing better!

If you can buy it I would try my BFF wet food in their fishy flavors mixed in with his kitten slush. They sell it in cans or pouches .... the cans were harder to find lids for... but the pet store had them.You could also try fancy feast salmon to. (They even sell fancy feast salmon pate & fancy feast gravy lovers.)

The irony, my cats barely touches salmon but loves tuna every thing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hadzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pets at home do a kitten formula in the UK from birth, I know your kitty's been through so much and having problems with kitten food, so maybe if he even ate the meats and fish your offering, try him with the formula for nutrients, it does say from birth but I do often give it to my older cats as a treat and boost of nutrients when they go in heat they sometimes go off the food for a day or 2 before there cycle and this formula has been a game changer x
Yes, this was the formula i was giving him! But the vets said it was this that had given him a blockage, unfortunately, so we've tabled it for now.