kitten help

fabi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I'm the happy owner of the mother of 5 kittens. They are 4 weeks old so it's time to start changing to kitten food. I live in Ecuador, South America and can´t find either kitten formula OR kitten food, I only find adult cat dry food . What can I do to replace the formula and to make adult cat food good for kittens? Please help me out at least with links cause the mother is already leaving them and I don´t want these cute babies to get sick. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you in advance.

Fabiola Viteri
Guayaquil, Ecuador
[email protected]

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would give this a try

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by gerry
How do you make kitten glop?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a recipe packed with nutrition for orphaned kittens, nursing mother cats and their kittens, cats recuperating from illness, and older cats or slower developing kittens who need nutritional supplementing.
Some recipes call for goat's milk and if you have it or can find it fine (comes canned or in the refrigerated dairy section), otherwise canned evaporated milk works well. Many older cats, however, have difficulties digesting cow's milk; the acidophilus may help with this but you might want to make a small batch to test with first.
The recipe sets up to a gelatin-like consistency in the refrigerator and can be stored there for up to two weeks. You can also freeze it in ice cube trays for convenient serving portions. Warm to room temperature to serve and discard any unused warmed portions; do NOT pour back with the mix!
Ingredients
12 oz water
1 envelope Knox gelatin
1 12oz can whole evaporated milk (not skim)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plain yogurt (not non-fat)
Boil the water, add the gelatin and stir well. Add the following ingredients in order, mixing well after each addition:
1/2 of the canned milk
mayonnaise & yogurt
rest of the milk

Variations include adding kitten vitamins, V.A.L. Syrup (a tablespoon or two), acidophilus, and/or pureed baby food meat (no onion in the ingredients!). Another variation includes 2 egg yolks but here is a risk of Salmonella with the raw eggs.
For mixing you can use a blender on low speed (I use a wire whisk).

Hope this helps.

Pete