Kitten Help!

Lilmangocat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my stray friend uses her shelter now. But a problem has arised.

My neighbours didn't care about cats at all before, and they saw kittens (which I and someone else has been feeding!) And suddenly had an interest in them. They all ganged together and broke the other neighbours fence in order to get the kitten. So they caught one kitten which was the more confident one. Now there's one left and I'm really worried for the little one. She's scared and timid, and they are NOT nice people. They will NOT treat kittens like family.
They had a cat, a black cat, and it used to roam around. I don't see it anymore and hey have rabbits and birds suddenly..
My other neighbour had cats, laughed when their cat got stuck in a fence and ultimately it ran away. I can garunteed they won't treat them like family members. I'm already worried to how the other kitten is..
They are disguising it as "rescue," when these cats are very much healthy how they are!! In fact she's even more scared of me because of them :( poor girl.
My bottom line is, is there any way I can bring her with me? Me and my family don't want her to be hurt or taken advantage of, so we are willing to bring her in. Problem is we don't know how to go about it. We can't use humane traps since most likely they'll take the trap away and use it themselves. They started leaving normal milk out to try and lure her. Already disapproving!!
So we are a little low on options :(
Here's an amazing picture of my cat to show that I'm serious about this, and I want to help her!!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try taking out some really stinky wet food, and then going a little ways away and sitting on the ground quietly until the kitten comes to eat. Keep bringing the food closer and closer to you, just a bit at a time, each feeding. Best of luck, and thank you so much for caring about this little one!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with luring her towards you with higher quality canned cat food. If you can borrow a trap, only have it set up when you are there. You can begin by propping or tying the trap door open and feeding her inside it. I put newspapers on the floor so it is more comfortable. After a few days, then you can try trapping for real.
Prayers that you catch her soon
:vibes::vibes::vibes:
And welcome to TCS!