1. Do you have a cat-related question?

Please create an account (it's free!) and post your question in one of our cat care forums. Click here for a tutorial on how to start a new thread in the forums.

No cat question? You're still welcome to join us to talk about cats, share pictures and much more!

Kitten Help :)

Discussion in 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' started by Lauren89x, May 2, 2017.

1. Sarthur2

Sarthur2 Cat lady extraordinaire Staff Member Advisor

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    @Lauren89x

They are 3 weeks today! Are they all around 12 ounces? They should each weigh about one pound in another week when they are one month.

If you feel comfortable that they are where they should be you can stop daily weighing. :)

2. Lauren89x

Lauren89x TCS Member Young Cat

May 2, 2017
    Did you weigh every 24 hours up until that point? I'm having to use a bowl as they will just move too much

3. Lauren89x

May 2, 2017
    Yes 3 weeks it's gone so fast! Only one is just under 12 ounces but she is the runt all the others are over.

4. Sarthur2

Sarthur2 Cat lady extraordinaire Staff Member Advisor

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    Yes, most of us have had to use a bowl eventually! They sound good to go.

Maybe weigh them every 3 days until they learn to eat solids. You still want to make sure no one falls behind.

5. Lauren89x

May 2, 2017
    Yes I think I may check every 2 to 3 days to be safe. They are all trying to walk on all fours now and all playing with each other which is so lovely to watch. Mum sits abd wonders why they are suddenly mobile and cat like! I never realised how hard this all was plus 3 kids 2 dogs and work it's never ending but very rewarding to see them grow