Kitten Help :)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great article! I really agree with the line "the kitten's fate is in our hands" and that all those questions are really not enough. The bottom line is this. If you can't find a suitable home, be prepared to keep the kitten(s).

I'd also ask: If your cat developed a problem peeing outside the litter box, what would you do?

I'm sure you will do a good job since it's obvious you take your responsibility seriously.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are those his extra eyelids showing? Is that normal when kittens are just opening their eyes?
I have been questioning the eyelids as online it says that it means they are ill or getting ill however they don't seem to be ill at all and when we saw the vet he didn't seem worried.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I've heard and seen too, in adults. I've never noticed this in kittens before but I don't have much experience with them.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes same I have no experience in tiny kittens so this is all new too me, looking online sometimes makes it even harder! They have been wormed and show no signs of illness and the vet said the eyes are fine. Maybe its because they are under developed they have just started to look around so I think their eye sight is getting better.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey another question.... So. Sorry! Should I be worried that the 2 black and white kittens are not as mobile as the other two? They are moving but not on their front legs yet. They seem quite happy sleeping at the moment!

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I must seem so stupid asking all the questions! so strange to find one kitten leaving the bed on her own and the other 3 just shuffling around. Although they certainly move quick when they are trying to feed! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All questions are welcome! :)

Your kittens are only 18 days old, so they are crawlers/toddlers right now. They will gain more mobility each week. It's also not surprising to have one who is a little ahead of the others! You may find that you have a laggard who is last to wean and use the litter box.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi new question/issue today!
How long do you wait to start supplement feeding if weight is staying the same?
No weight loss that i have noticed however one of them seems to have stayed the same over the last 12 hours?
I'm not sure whether its because its only been over night maybe as i know it should be every 24 hours.
Here are the weights today
Boy 359
Girl 1 330
Girl 2 315
Girl 3 324
Its girl 1 that hasn't gained any so shes not the smallest.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would wait and weigh again after the full 24 hours. If no gain at that point you should supplement.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) the boy decided to put his face in the water bowl and got some up his nose will he be ok? Don't think he was expecting that!

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So all weight gains are fine
Boy 19
Girl 1 15
Girl 2 15
Girl 3 21

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I would never let just anyone just have a kitten I would rather keep them than let them go to just anyone
Also do a home check. If not that, then look in their car. If the car is full of junk/trash, you can bet the home is 10x's worse and not suitable for a young animal.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Also do a home check. If not that, then look in their car. If the car is full of junk/trash, you can bet the home is 10x's worse and not suitable for a young animal.
Or they might have kids. Not easy to keep a car clean when young children throw stuff or eat in the car.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or they might have kids. Not easy to keep a car clean when young children throw stuff or eat in the car.
Actually it's very easy. 1) don't let them eat in the car. 2) when you make a stop, you throw away the garbage or 3) have a bag for garbage in the car which you throw away when you get where you're going.
I have a child and my car is clean. (not the outside, it needs a bath desperately, if the wind would ever stop, it'll get one)

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will be doing home checks on everyone before any kittens go anywhere. When can I stop weighing every day I haven't seen any loses since they were born and all kittens are doing great.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quit weighing around 6-7 weeks. Only because every time they moved, my scale would jump to a different weight and I couldn't get an accurate one.