Kitten Help :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I assume so as they are all gaining weight really well and she is always with them.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you see my Post #18?
Thank you im a complete novice even though I have many cats I've not dealt with kittens before and the more I look online the more I worry.
I may give the vets a call just to be on the safe side however I'm not sure how we would get them all to the vets would we have to take mum cat too as I think she will get stressed taking them away?

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I will give the vets a call and see what they advise. Just to be safe what are the signs of a uri?

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I will keep an eye out for any of those they are being weighed twice a day too so I can tell quickly if they loose weight etc

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have booked vets appointment for this afternoon just to be on the safe side. Does anyone know a rough price for antibiotics of its needed?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call and ask the vet tech. It depends on the antibiotic and how much of it is needed.

Do you think your cat or kittens are sick with anything? If not, they really do not need a vet visit yet.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm really not sure their eyes are worrying me as they don't look normal with their third eyelids showing.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the vets he was not concerned said seeing the third eyelid was normal unless a cat was older checked their hearts etc and all normal. Mum is in good health too but we have worming treatment for the kittens to start from today so have to try give them that now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the worming medicine liquid? You can't pill tiny kittens.

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What's the average weight for kittens at 2 weeks. They are 2 weeks tomorrow and here are their birth weight and weights today

Tabby 103 - 250g
Black 102-247g
Black and white1 95-230g
Black and white2 95-241g

They can gain anywhere from 10 to 25 grams a day at the moment. Are these weights OK?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are right on target! Kittens should weigh about 8 ounces at 2 weeks, 12 ounces at 3 weeks, and 16 ounces (1 pound) at 4 weeks. :)

Lauren89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great I have been extra vigilant with weighing etc. Still worried about eyes the vet didn't look for long at them and said that the third eyelid only means illness in older cats? However everywhere online says different and can mean illness worms etc? Tomorrow is the last day of worming and he did listen to their hearts and couldn't hear a problem so I'm guessing their is no upper respiratory infection? They all look very cross eyed and not like other kittens I've seen at 2 weeks