Kitten having digestion issues

ellacleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this morning my kitten felt a bit uncomfortable and vomited something that looked clear. (Only a but). Then later after some time it vomited again. This time it looked like its poop. So we visited the nearest vet (which, by the way, had really good google reviews) and he gave us an injection for the kitty. Hes eight weeks old. He advised us to give him gaestrointensinal wet food in portions. So wr did that. After the afternoon passed away and night came we noticed watery greenish/brown stool stuck to his butt. Then after cleaning it he had more attatched to it, except it was brown instead of green. And each time we gave it wet food it was really hungry and it ate everything. Now its sleeping and we're reconsidering our vet choices. Im really worried and i dont know what to do...

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try some boiled chicken breast (no salt) - cut up very small - if possible with some pumpkin. There are also jars of baby food - chicken (with or without pumpkin) or, better still, a tinned cat food from Applaws (chicken with pumpkin) which I found very good both for cats and young kittens. Of course, if this doesn't help, you will have to go back to the vet. The injection may have been simply to calm his stomach rather than to treat an infection or medical condition. I would phone the vet, explain the situation and see what he says before going somewhere else.
Good luck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds as though his poop was returning to a normal brown. The watery, discolored poop was probably leftovers from his upset tummy. I suggest you observe your kitten for a day or two, and if he continues eating well and having normal brown, mostly formed poops, that he is healthy.

If his poops are not normal, he may need treating for worms or parasites. In the meantime, a kitten this age needs to eat small portions of wet food about 6 times a day, and have access to dry food and water 24/7.

Also be advised that when he begins getting his vaccines they may cause him to feel puny for a day or two, or even to vomit or have diarrhea.