Kitten Having Diarrhea

AAABattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten Nut got diarrhea today and I want to ask if it has anything to do with her diet? I just got her the other day from this cat rescuing lady and I tried to give her the same food she had but I couldn't find this one wet food for kitten at the PetSmart near me so I ended up having to pick a temporary replacement. And I'm not sure if it's just the diet or something else.

And is it normal for cat to lick their bum a lot? She keeps sitting down and raisign her leg as if she's gonna clean it but would get distracted by nothing and walk away. I assume it's because of the diarrhea but I just want to ask for your opinions/

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Id say its deffinetly her gut reacting to sudden change in food,prob licking her bum because upset stomach

Didnt the lady tell you where to get the food, you should have offereed her some money for a couple cans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AAABattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice, the lady told me that I can get the wet food at PetSmart but I couldn't find it anywhere unfortunately, but I've ordered a pack online and they might arrive the day after tomorrow or so.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most likely related to the food. She is licking excessively because of the diarrhea. If she's going too much, her little bum might be getting raw. Is there a way to contact the rescue group and get a couple of cans to get through til your order arrives? You could then replace the cans they gave you when you get your order in. Also, has she been dewormed recently or tested for worms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AAABattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was dewormed when she was 4 and 6 weeks old and I'm getting her her third dose next week. I managed to get the wet food she usually ate at another petsmart in the city near mine. I'm keeping an eye on her stool just in case.