Kitten has hot paws and hot tongue

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My SIL's mother has a 5 month old kitten. she has only been inside. She kneads and licks her mom's arm which she has always done. However, lately her mom says the kitten's paws and tongue seem hot. The kitten is active and eating normally. Is this a sign of high temp? Mom is not able to take temp Has anyone experienced this? I have not.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she is active and eating normally, she almost certainly isn't ill. Kittens, like human babies, can feel very warm to the touch. HOWEVER, tell your SIL's mom to keep a close eye on her. If she quits eating, or has "accidents" before getting to her box, or becomes lethargic, she should see a vet ASAP.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My male (almost 6 month old) kitten has hot paws as well. Never really thought much about it. Feels nice since I am always cold. :lol2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she is active and eating normally, she almost certainly isn't ill. Kittens, like human babies, can feel very warm to the touch. HOWEVER, tell your SIL's mom to keep a close eye on her. If she quits eating, or has "accidents" before getting to her box, or becomes lethargic, she should see a vet ASAP.
thank you. I feel better now. I will pass along the info.