Kitten growth

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I adopted 2 kittens a few months ago, from the same litter.

Jasper has grown, he's developed and he's looking more and more like a cat as the day goes by.
Mia, however, I feel while she has grown it's not much. She still is very small and kitten shaped, but she's developed in the face now. She looks like a mini-cat.

She eats, she's healthy. I don't think anything is stunting her growth, but she's going to be a year next month.

I was wondering, any chance she'll grow more or will she be tiny forever?

1593394817865.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She eats, she's healthy. I don't think anything is stunting her growth, but she's going to be a year next month.

I was wondering, any chance she'll grow more or will she be tiny forever?
Just a note, a female cat is smaller in size as compared to a male cat. She may be growing but size wise, maybe not so noticeable as comparing with the other male and it looks like she's not growing.

As longs she's eating and healthy and doing her litterbox business regularly, she should be fine.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Females are usually smaller than males. If she was the runt, she may just be even smaller. As long as she's eating well, growing at a normal rate and eating well, then she'll be okay. My male cat is huge and all my females are petite cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the little booger to death and would never dream of rehoming her just because of anxiety or anything like that (she's my furrball), but small cats terrify me! Always worried they'll get in something that they shouldn't! I'm so glad she seems to like just sleeping on chairs or curling with me on the couch, but she hasn't been left unattended yet (we've been on quarantine so someone has always been home.)

really hoping she doesn't start getting to adventurous, though that could be left over paranoia from when CiCi passed (she crawled in the air ducts and we couldn't get her out x.x) -- cici was also a small cat.