Kitten got ran over by a jerk lady what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m glad you got him checked. I hope he improves. The round belly could be worms. I hope the vet addressed any issues since you had to pay. Please do let us know how the little guy is doing. Whiny is not surprising. He’s had a very rough and scary time. Hopefully, he has a life there with you as his protector now. You kept him safe.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m relieved to hear he is going to be OK! Truth told, I was a little worried about him.

I hope he enjoys a long, happy life with you! What are you going to name him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Too earlty to name him. Dont know if he’ll pull thru. We’ee in the back waiting room at the vet.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Vet said he needs surgery and refered me to a different hispital. Does anyine know how much this might run me? Vet said his belly gotten bigger and something may have ruotured.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet said he needs surgery and refered me to a different hispital. Does anyine know how much this might run me? Vet said his belly gotten bigger and something may have ruotured.

Of course he needs surgery- he was hit by a car- that is not something most of us can just walk away from.

Have you called that hospital to see what the cost will be for his surgery? You might need to surrender him to a rescue so they can pay for it. Can you start a Gofundme page?

I am sorry about this, John, please keep us informed.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still at the E-clinic. Will update everyone later. Thanks!

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s going :( :( :( Flatlined and Drs are doing cpr. Theyre gonna try one last round to see if he’ll cone back. Poor little fella. This is so damn hard to cope. Sorry i ruined everyoje night.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're doing the very best you could do in some extremely challenging circumstances - you both were dealt a very tough hand.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Johnv713 I am so very sorry for your loss! Thank you for trying your best & for making sure that poor baby knew love during his short life.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s gone. They gave him sedation and was planning to insert a catheter. Doc said he didnt repond well to the meds, his little heart gave up :(:(:( and they tried resuscitate him (extra $250).

I swear i sometimes wish i dont love animals so when things like this happened, it wouldnt hurt this much. I only knew him for a few days and it’s already cutting deep. I looked at his tiny paws for the last time and they were so adorable, yet it made me sad at the same time. Thank you all for your kind words. They meant a lot to me.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. The thing I hope may help you is that you didn’t Just leave him like the person who hit him. You took him in, gave him a safe place and you helped him. He wasn’t scared and alone outside but had someone to give him love and to care. If we have that much when our time comes, we are comforted. A part of him remains with you now. He will be ever present as you go on until you can meet him again at the Rainbow Bridge. If and when you feel like it, you can post about him on the “Crossing the Brdge” forum. Our hearts are all with him as he journeys on.
Crossing the Bridge

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just had him burry in my garden. This is so sad on many levels which i cannot described. Feeling angry as to why some thing so BLEEP can happen to a tiny innocent animal. Not trying to invoke religion into this but where is the man upstair? I’m also feeling relieved for he is in a better place. This world wasnt for him , but regardless he shouldve been given a chance to live, and maybe to an extent isnt for for some of us. We are just passing by.

Thank you all for listening.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry J Johnv713

It can be really heart breaking taking care of feral cats. I've lost way to many of them over the years and I still think about what might have been, if I'd be able to get them indoors sooner.

It can't be helped. We do what we can and we try to give the ones we save the best life possible, to make up for what all the less fortunate ones missed out on.

You did everything you could for him, so thank you for that. It made a difference. You make a difference with all the good you try to do.

:hugs:

I'll lock this thread now. Give the little guy a name, if he didn't have one already, and start a thread for him so his passing will be noticed by other cat lovers.

Crossing the Bridge

Rest in peace sweet heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.