Kitten fvrcp vaccine

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question about the vaccine. I rescued these feral kittens from outside so they were started on their vaccines a bit later. They are approximately 4 months now, or a very small 5 months, I’m not sure exactly.

One kitten was rescued 3 weeks earlier so she had all 3 doses of fvrcp now. The second kitten just received her second dose of fvrcp. The vet is saying since she’s around 4 months “it’s fine” and she doesn’t need to come back for a third dose. Is this true or should I schedule with another vet for a third dose in 3 weeks?

They also gave the rabies vaccine against my wishes since they’re doing mandatory “curbside” service making me wait outside in the car. I was very upset. I would have wanted to wait 2 weeks for another appointment instead of giving both vaccines at once.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

I don't have enough familiarity with these - can you speak with another vet, or two?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Two vaccines should be enough since the kitten’s immune system is stronger now that it’s older.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally yes, if started later they only need 2 shots.

most vets won’t give rabies at the same time, if they’ve done that against your wishes a report needs to be filed.

hopefully all have been neutered as well, they should all be well above the required 1kg/2lb minimum weight requirement.