Kitten food

Katttttt003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was feeding my kitten tiki cat but it's getting a bit too expensive. I want something that's good for him but not as expensive, is weruva a good choice? There's a lot of options also, what is the "best" kind of dry food. I'm trying to help him gain so weight since he was pretty skinny when we found him.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Weruva is good.
I have heard Soulistic is the same but sold under Pet Smart (?) so less expensive.
Dry food can be kitty crack and very addictive. If he is eating wet food well, I wouldn't add dry.
Feed kittens as many meals as they want while growing.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Petco is who has Soulistic. My kitty likes it :) It is very similar to Weruva.

The "best" dry food is one that is high protein, moderate fat, low carb.

Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein is good for All Life Stages and is often considered one of the best dry foods.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, if you can afford a premium brand, that’s great, but I’m feeding FF classic pate kitten wet food 4 times a day, and twice a day…since they have to eat so much of it, it’s really the best I can afford for my 5 month old kitten, and my 8 week-old kitten. I do rehydrate about a 1/4th cup of Stella and Chewy’s Duck Duck Goose nuggets and mash them into 2 of the kittens’ FF meals a day too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any canned food that is labeled as "for all life stages" is fine to feed to a kitten. Read the teeny tiny print on the label for the AAFCO statement. Fancy Feast's kitten varieties are fine and affordable as are generic store brand kitten canned foods. I think Petsmart's generic brand is Great Authority or something like that.

The same company makes Weruva and Soulistic. Soulistic is sold at Petco, possibly a few other places, and is basically a cheaper version of Weruva. The recipes for both Weruva and Soulistic are nearly identical, just different variety names and a few slight ingredient changes for Soulistic.