Kitten food question - aka the search continues

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten who is officially named "Sassy" after Homeward Bound :blush: has what seems to be a sensitive tummy. She loves like LOVES Weruva paw lickin chicken and Tiki Cat chicken anything but its not a kitten food and a bit expensive tbh she doesn't seem to be as gassy on these foods either but I was looking for an actual kitten food that I could also give her to off set the cost. I found Fancy Feast Kitten at my local store but I have read that lately FF is causing some issues with cats like making them sick.

I tried natural balance and big nope she ate it but it made her super gassy, whole health farms was a meh but its turkey and I have read that it has helped kittens digestive systems is it similar to Merrick kitten? I haven't tried Wellness because I have heard of the diarrhea issues and Instinct is gone from my local Petco which is weird are they having supply issues? I have read good things about solid gold kitten has anyone fed it?

Mind you i'm not feeding her these foods all at once just every so often i'll offset with a few tablespoons to see what she likes and if she has a reaction to it.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried any probiotics? I don’t have a kitten, but I adopted a 1.5 year old boy that is super sensitive to wet food. He had giardia in the beginning but even after treating, he still would get occasional diarrhea. I’ve found probiotics have helped a ton and he gets diarrhea so much less. I use Fera Pet Organics Probiotics which is flavorless. It also contains s. boulardii which is often talked about on this forum about it’s help with diarrhea. I mix in his wet food and he doesn’t notice it at all.

Initially I used Proviable probiotics from my vet which did wonders for him, but it‘s prescription and quite pricey.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten who is officially named "Sassy" after Homeward Bound :blush: has what seems to be a sensitive tummy. She loves like LOVES Weruva paw lickin chicken and Tiki Cat chicken anything but its not a kitten food and a bit expensive tbh she doesn't seem to be as gassy on these foods either but I was looking for an actual kitten food that I could also give her to off set the cost.
Tiki Cat is for all life stages so it can safely be fed to Kittens. Not 100% sure about Weruva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks yall I may do half tiki and half weruva since she seems to do best on it with her tummy. I haven't tried a probiotic but am willing to she loves her food so much that she doesn't turn her nose up at much aside from the veggies in a few cans of Weruva.