Kitten Fell From The Rooftop

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully PAWS will reply and be able to help.

It's good the bleeding stopped. Do you have any food to offer her? Some unseasoned meat you can boil perhaps?

You can make an electrolyte solution to help keep her hydrated until you can find someone to help you.
1 quart clean water (no chlorine or fluoride)
1 tablespoon sugar or honey
1 teaspoon common table salt

She'll need quite a bit of liquids, more than a few drops.

Thank you for trying to save her. :hugs:
Honey is better than plain sugar. This receipt is for a litte. Lesser om a cup.

EDIT. Difficult to write on Iphone, and thus, a couple of small misspellings.:
This receipt is for a litre / liter. It will be lesser on a cup / quarter.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As catsknowme wrote: keep her warm and comfortable, this pedialyte, you can massage her with a towel or toothbrush.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep her warm and don't allow her to move around much. She is very sore and won't be interested in food or water, but these must be given anyway. Offer a slurry of tuna or mackerel. The first 24 hours are very critical, every hour after that is hopeful. The fact that she walked a little is very hopeful. Cats are remarkable in their healing powers, I've seen injuries that horrified me and the cat survived. As long as there is breathe, there is hope. I'm praying for that sweet little girl, she deserves a good home and the love you can provide. Bless you for helping her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you can get raw goats milk, its always useful. Probably even to smear on the outside...

Washing off the wounds you can do with saline water, common water, a trifle salt in, boil up.... Let it chill down to body temp. They use it in hospitals too, so its no Hokus Pokus.

I agree with Di and Bob, cats have often quite a good healing meat, so with any luck and Gods help, it may be enough with good home care, love, and it will manage.
Yeah, good home care as you do and is proposed here is essential.

Look, Florence Nightinghale and her coworkers, the first modern nurses, took down the death rate in that field war hospital in 1850-ies, from over 60% to under 5%. Not by any magic nor advanced medical treatments, but by good and proper care...

So, excellent surgery and medical devices in all honour, but what saves most lives is good and proper care. And the caretakers love. Its the base for everything else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ohohtinyang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning everyone! I can't enter to the website last night. I'll bring her to the vet later at 9am, it's 6:30am here now. I hope she'll get better, her right ear bled again last night.

She's breathing hard, but she stiill can walk.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's seeing a vet in a couple hours? That is great news! :thumbsup:

Did you find a vet closer to your neighborhood that will see her, or are you going to have to travel a long way to PAWS?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad you've found a vet for her. Try not to let her move around too much. She probably has internal injuries from her fall. Do you have a cat carrier you can put her in? If not a basket or cardboard box covered with a blanket will do. Try to keep her as still and calm as you can. Covering her basket or box so she can't see out will help her feel secure.

Thank you so much for helping her. Good luck at the vet.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:"Please, tell them the doctor said the olga is fighting. And we're going home. And we're are so thankful for their prayers, support and everything."
Baby Olga was given electrolytes and multivitamin injections and a prescription for milk:loveeyes:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So no problem with the bleeding in her ear? Just needs time to heal, I hope!

That sounds like great news. :lovecat:

(I'm also a little confused about the "milk" prescription. :headscratch: )

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:cold: Sad update - Olga seems to be starting sezures and is whimpering. Please send prayers and vibes - OhOhTinyANG is looking for a vet who will give pain management. The last vet said to be patient and wait a couple of dayz to see if she survives.:frustrated:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:cold: Sad update - Olga seems to be starting sezures and is whimpering. Please send prayers and vibes - OhOhTinyANG is looking for a vet who will give pain management. The last vet said to be patient and wait a couple of dayz to see if she survives.:frustrated:
SAD UPDATE: Olga passed away en route to a second vet who was willing to do pain management. :bawling2::bawling::disappointed:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so sad. Without a full examination, xrays etc who knows that injuries she had. At least she is out of pain now.
ohohtinyang you should be proud of yourself, you did everything you could to give her a chance at life.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
The TCS team would like you to know that we are so very sorry for your loss. Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect.

Please do post on the Crossing the Bridge topic that has been generously posted for you

Status
Not open for further replies.