Kitten Fearful After Using The Vacuum

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I vacuumed yesterday for the first time since bringing Indie home. Alex and Tyler don’t like it much, they just move room to room and are fine once I turn it off. As far as I know Indie stayed on the cat tree throughout the time. After putting the vacuum away, Indie stayed on the tree. When she did come down she slinked across the floor. She’s eating and using the litter box fine today but she still acts afraid of the toys and items on the floor. If I use the Cat Dancer she runs all over the room as usual. She had seen the vacuum since I store it in a bedroom she visits but she had never heard it. Since I will have to vacuum again someday, any suggestions to make this easier would be great.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my cats have absolutely hated the vacuum and head for the hills when I use it. Current cat goes into hiding as soon as she sees me picking up her toys because she knows the vacuum comes next. Best I can suggest is that before you use it, put her in a different room so there is some noise buffer between her and it.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Susan. I have 4 cats and two of them will run and hide under the bed when I turn the vacuum on. One of them will not hide but will simply go to a different room in the house. My youngest cat will just sit where he is and watch me vacuum from a piece of furniture in the room. Casey actually follows me around the house to watch me vacuum. I have two floors that have rooms to be vacuumed I usually start down stairs. My two hiders run into the bedroom. When I vacuum upstairs I start in the den to give the hiders time to run downstairs to hide. When I am done the two hiders usually stop hiding pretty quickly.