kitten drools

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello
so my almost 3 month kitten has been through enough already. she was on antibiotics for flu at just 3 weeks old and has recently been tested for corona and giardia, both positive:(. we hope she is strong enough not to develop fip
they kept her on IV for 3 days and we brought her back one week ago. she eats and plays just fine, she got a little bit stronger, she still is underweight doesn’t matter how much we feed her but i will give her time ..today is her last day on antibiotics and vitamins.
so now we move to the present problem..she woke me up this morning crying( she was outside playing with his mom and sister) and i didn’t know what to make of it, i thought maybe she was just hungry and i fed her. then 2 hours later i noticed that she kept her tongue outside of her mouth and started drooling badly, she still is right now. but just now i noticed that she has a huge wound on her tongue, but the tongue itself is now swollen, nothing is out of the ordinary except that, her gums are fine.
is it possible she got stung by a bee? we have a lot of bees in our garden and i found some dead on the ground. if that’s the case, is it normal for her to behave like this? will it go away by itself?
or maybe something to do with her antibiotics? something to do with the gastrointestinal area i don’t know. and i don’t know what to do, our vet is on holiday too :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
update she seems like she isn’t drooling anymore, she continues to keep her tongue a little bit out

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was wrong about that she still drools( she drools really badly when she sleeps). it’s been more than 12 hours since the possible bee sting so i’m starting to exclude that possibility. i don’t know what to think...what is the problem this time:( i just want my baby to live peacefully....and i m starting to think that will ever happen

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to you yet. If the tongue is still swollen, is there a back up vet that you could consult with? Even send a pic to them to see what they think? Or, if that is not possible, do you have family/friends/neighbors/co-workers who might have a vet that would be willing to take a look in your vet's absence? Besides a bee sting, she could have bitten her tongue. Or she could be having an allergic reaction to the bee sting. In any case, it probably should be looked at. It could take days to resolve itself.

Is she eating/drinking OK and acting fine otherwise?

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello
she still is in the same condition. i was wrong before, we are supposed to give her antibiotics including tomorrow. so today when i opened her mouth to give her the pills i noticed better than before that she has a wound like an abcess on her tongue, not very big but enough to make her hurt:(. she still drools like yesterday
moreover, from that flu she had when she was younger, she has this sensibility now, still coughs from time to time, i am thinking maybe it’s an abscess due to the respiratory problems she still has i don’t know..
if tomorrow she is in the same shape, we will go to the vet but i thought that if she is already on antibiotics, maybe it doesn’t hurt one more day at home just to observe her.
i am thinking about calling and asking if the pills have some kind of adverse reaction..
she is eating and drinking normally, plays like a normal kitten nothing out of the ordinary, she s energetic like before.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you should call the vet and tell them - even send a pic (I think I mentioned that before?) of the sore. There might be a stinger in her tongue, or some other small foreign object that you can't necessarily see that is imbedded in there and would need to come out.