Kitten Coming For Temporary Visit

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My adult son broke his ankle (tripping over his Six month old spayed female kitten) and after surgery this week he and the kitten will be staying with me for ten days. Should we try to get Alex and Tyler (who are 14 month old neutered males) to meet her or just keep her in the bedroom for that time?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Introductions can be extremely stressful. Since they're only staying about 10 days, it would be easier to keep her apart from your two.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on their purrsonalities I suppose but if it were me, I'd let them meet up and see what happens.
I looked after a darling Ragdoll for a day the other week and I let him meet ours.
I posted a thread about the experience.

I'm Cat Sitting A Ragdoll

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thought I would update this. The second day my two managed to open the door to the room where the kitten was. Other than a little hissing the first day they have been playing and sharing food. I’m proud of all of them.

heathernichelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! I was going to say "Good Luck in keeping them apart!" I had a very last minute situation in which I ended up with 2 additional cats for 10 days. I kept them in my bedroom and put my two in my living room, but all four cats ended up on either side of my bedroom door scratching / screaming at each other and so by day 3 I let them meet. The new male cat (age 3) fell in love with my male cat (age 10 months) and those two played together every chance that they could get. Both ladies (the new one- age 6 and mine age 3) refused to take any part in the action and just ignored all other cats. They didn't care that they were there and there wasn't a single swat / hiss out of either one -- they just acted like socializing was a giant waste of their time and they were not gonna do it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Tomorrow my son and his kitten go home. Alex and Tyler and Astrea have had fun together. It went much better than I expected. I wish they would remember each other if we had to do this again but I haven’t seen that happen with my cats in the past.