kitten coat lenght. short or medium hair?

pcycodelia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi! two weeks ago i adopted a kitten from a friend, he thinks the kitten will be medium hair even though the mother is short haired (she gave birth to 5 and from them, 3 are definitely short haired... the other two -one of them is mine- have a little longer fur). he's name is batman and he's 8 weeks old, has long hair in the back but i noticed the coat in this head and this tummy is not so thick. i know it's kinda hard to tell but as a new owner im pretty curious about how is he gong look as an adult 🥺.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pcycodelia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
congrats on your cute lil guy try to get him to a vet soon as you can for a health check etc along with his shots
thank you so much!! and yes! i went to the vet to get him checked the very next day i got him. he's up to date with this shots but i forgot to ask about his appearance :(

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Welcome to TCS! New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You! – TheCatSite Articles What a cutie pie! I think he will have medium length fur. My kitten Willows fur looked like that length as a wee kitten. She is now an older kitten-almost no longer considered a kitten :bawling2:- and it still looks like that and I have no doubt it will stay that length for the rest of her life.
Congrats on your new baby! Batman is so adorable! Feel free to post all the pictures of him... We love looking at pictures of kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pcycodelia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Welcome to TCS! New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You! – TheCatSite Articles What a cutie pie! I think he will have medium length fur. My kitten Willows fur looked like that length as a wee kitten. She is now an older kitten-almost no longer considered a kitten :bawling2:- and it still looks like that and I have no doubt it will stay that length for the rest of her life.
Congrats on your new baby! Batman is so adorable! Feel free to post all the pictures of him... We love looking at pictures of kittens!
omg!!!! all your cats are so so so cute and beautiful 🥰 thank you for replying btw and i see willow in the pic!! and yeah! i've been told they grow so fast right in our eyes :( willow's a big kitty now. i don't really care about the length i love him either way but i'm just curious hehe

Attachments

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg!!!! all your cats are so so so cute and beautiful 🥰 thank you for replying btw and i see willow in the pic!! and yeah! i've been told they grow so fast right in our eyes :( willow's a big kitty now. i don't really care about the length i love him either way but i'm just curious hehe
Thank you! Yes, they certainly grow fast! Take all the pictures and document him while he's still little because he won't be for long!
He is so cute! His eyes are beautiful. Im guessing they'll stay that beautiful blue color into adulthood.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! TCS is full of people who are very educated and helpful with cats. I hope you find our little community to be a wonderful place.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable, and that is a perfect name for him, too :redheartpump:

Genetically, cats are either shorthaired or longhaired, although some people use the term "medium hair" to refer to longhaired cats that don't have quite as much hair. Batman is still very young, but from these pictures, he does look like he might turn out to be a longhaired cat. It could still go either way, you might just have to wait and see! Either way, I am sure he will be a very handsome adult!

By the way, if he's 8 weeks old now, it sounds like you adopted him when he was only 6-7 weeks old? You sound like a very caring owner, and I expect that Batman will be just fine -- however, you and your friend should know that this is a bit too young to adopt out kittens, it's ideal for them to stay with mom and siblings a few weeks longer. Of course if your friend is getting the mother cat spayed now, he won't have to worry about this in the future :)

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi! two weeks ago i adopted a kitten from a friend, he thinks the kitten will be medium hair even though the mother is short haired (she gave birth to 5 and from them, 3 are definitely short haired... the other two -one of them is mine- have a little longer fur). he's name is batman and he's 8 weeks old, has long hair in the back but i noticed the coat in this head and this tummy is not so thick. i know it's kinda hard to tell but as a new owner im pretty curious about how is he gong look as an adult 🥺.
Awe! Such a cute kitty!! He does look like he will be a medium long haired cat but at this age one can't be too sure. I have an 8 week old kitten who has the same hair length as him as you can see; initially he didn't have any paw tufts but he does now and his tail is starting to get fluffy (just barely). These are just some of the mild signs. Does your kitten have any of these?
16348050784728190510952653662121.jpg

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! I just realised that my reply is long overdue! What does your kitten look like now?