Kitten Chasing Dog... One Question!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 13 week old kitten chases my dog around the room! He is a small dog, but is kind of afraid of the kitten, though he gives chase back sometimes - the dog is having fun but not sure if it's play or fight with the kitten?

It's very cute. He will give proper chase of the dog and bat him with his paw (claws in).

When the kitten's wired and in 'hunt & kill' mode will run sideways at me with his back arched and does the same now with the dog. They seem to be having fun but every now and then the kitten will let out a hiss and that's why I'm confused! I monitor them and there's no aggressive stuff happening other than the cat hissing sometimes... so is it good natured behaviour or should I be worried? TBH I think he's sick of the dog standing there staring at him all day.

Here's a pic of Tiger not caring that it's the dog's bed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tiger is precious and he probably has a lot of spunk in him. ;) It sounds as though your kitten and dog are playing. When Tiger hisses occasionally he's probably warning the dog to back off.

Here are 2 helpful Articles about introducing cats and dogs: How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog
Introducing Cats To Dogs

Just out of curiosity, what type of breed is your dog? Judging from the back of his head he resembles a Papillon but I can't tell for sure. The pic is adorable and I bet they will become best friends. :itslove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tiger is precious and he probably has a lot of spunk in him. ;) It sounds as though your kitten and dog are playing. When Tiger hisses occasionally he's probably warning the dog to back off.

Here are 2 helpful Articles about introducing cats and dogs: How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog
Introducing Cats To Dogs

Just out of curiosity, what type of breed is your dog? Judging from the back of his head he resembles a Papillon but I can't tell for sure. The pic is adorable and I bet they will become best friends. :itslove:
Yes his name is Torque and he's a papillon. They both have a lot of sunk so it's currently a mad house!

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds fun they are adorable! Our dog was afraid of the cat and I’ve been encouraging him to play and “get that kitty!”
Buttercup loves it when he chases her and plays, and she lets him know if she doesn’t like something too, and he listens.
It’s like brother and sisters, it sounds like Tiger is just telling Torque his rules lol! Have fun with them and give us lots of pictures- better still videos of their craziness! :runaround:
Example: Dog in the cat perch, cat on the floor....:headscratch:
Sometimes what they will do won’t make any sense- but that’s okay haha!
From our backward house to yours!:redheartpump::hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds fun they are adorable! Our dog was afraid of the cat and I’ve been encouraging him to play and “get that kitty!”
Buttercup loves it when he chases her and plays, and she lets him know if she doesn’t like something too, and he listens.
It’s like brother and sisters, it sounds like Tiger is just telling Torque his rules lol! Have fun with them and give us lots of pictures- better still videos of their craziness! :runaround:
Example: Dog in the cat perch, cat on the floor....:headscratch:
Sometimes what they will do won’t make any sense- but that’s okay haha!
From our backward house to yours!:redheartpump::hearthrob:
That's so funny. My dog sits on the arms and back of the sofa like the cats do too. I'm not sure if he thinks he's a cat or he's attempting but failing to dominate over them!