Kitten brothers...what do you see?

Pip&Sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I fostered these boys from 4 weeks and officially adopted them. They are sweet little guys who were found flea infested and emaciated but are now healthy and happy and about 5 months old. We think they will become quite fluffy if their kitten coats, ear furnishings, and toe tufts are any indication! I am curious if you think the gray and white one will keep his tabby stripes or if they are “ghost” kitten stripes. Also curious if you think the color point one is lilac lynx or other (he has ice blue eyes)...and what breed influences are likely.
30714D9E-15CE-4A09-8891-AED723A185FD.jpeg
4950B342-4AF4-45CE-80A4-D45590635973.jpeg
75363BB1-1EFC-473A-A6DE-0007A2BC2B4E.jpeg
E2E66BF7-994B-40DB-8DB5-A49534D376D5.jpeg
928EF28D-C251-4130-A5A0-66F380A3AB40.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable pair of brothers! :redheartpump:

I would describe them as
  • blue mackerel tabby and white domestic longhair
  • blue lynx point (tabby point) and white domestic longhair
They are actually almost the same color, except that one is pointed, and the other is not pointed. Lilac would be a lighter color with a different nose leather color (more pinkish). You can expect the lynx point boy's color to darken somewhat as he matures.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixtures of breeds, unlike dogs. All the genes needed to produce these beautiful colors are widespread in the domestic cat gene pool. Domestic longhairs are great cats! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pip&Sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What an adorable pair of brothers! :redheartpump:

I would describe them as
  • blue mackerel tabby and white domestic longhair
  • blue lynx point (tabby point) and white domestic longhair
They are actually almost the same color, except that one is pointed, and the other is not pointed. Lilac would be a lighter color with a different nose leather color (more pinkish). You can expect the lynx point boy's color to darken somewhat as he matures.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixtures of breeds, unlike dogs. All the genes needed to produce these beautiful colors are widespread in the domestic cat gene pool. Domestic longhairs are great cats! :)
Aww thank you. Yes the gray and white boy looked very blue as a baby! He has darkened up considerably already and the stripes have gotten more apparent. They are both so fun and cute and I can’t wait to see their floof coming in.