Kitten Breathing hard

dustielee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 nine day old kittens. One of them is breathing hard in its sleep. I have heard that kittens are susceptible to respiratory problems. Does anyone know if I should be concerned about this hard breathing? Otherwise it seems healthy.
Thank you,
DustieLee

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DustieLee...welcome to TCS. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in kitten health...but I would suggest checking back as there are many people who have raised kittens on this board. I would also recommend that if you have concerns, you should take the kitten to the vet.

Katie

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Sierra and I welcome you to TCS!
So glad you've joined us and really look forward to getting to know you better!
This thread will most likely be moved to Health and Nutrition where our experts will be sure to see it. I, too would recommend that if you are concerned about this little one, you should definitely contact your Vet immediately! I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the kitten breathing hard, or is it wheezing? Do you see bubbles in the nose, or crust in the eye slits? Is the kitten eating okay? Is it warm enough? Is the momcat in the picture or are you raising these by hand? Was the delivery smooth or traumatic?

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! tender belly rubs to the babys hope all is well with them