kitten ate hair ties

kayladoran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi last night my 7 month old kitten was violently throwing up and crying, then at around 5am he threw up hairties but they were not put together and it seemed like a lot. Then later in the morning he seemed to be doing okay but then went under my bed and threw up a little. Through out the day he's been sleeping and I waited to feed him and he's been eating very good and drinking his water he seems okay but is burping. My state is also on lockdown due to corona so is it necessary to take him to the vet if he stops throwing up and is fine tomorrow?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayladoran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also would be worried because he just got fixed less then 2 weeks ago and would not want to operate on him

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hair ties can cause a lot of damage to a cats system. I would call your vet and explain the situation. Most vets in lockdown areas are only seeing emergencies, so if your vet thinks it is called for they will see him. As to just being neutered, seeing the vet again or if he needed surgery it wouldn't make a big difference. Neuters are a very quick heal time and wouldn't affect the digestive system.

Please call the vet and see what they say.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A phone call or even text is in order. We are under lock down too. I don’t know where you are but here, if the kitty needs to be checked, they will meet you outside and get the kitty. It’s better if you call as soon as possible and may prevent any further worries.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayladoran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
update thank you for responding i was very worried i brought him to the vet this morning and he was very constipated so they gave him fluids to make him go to the bathroom so now i just have to keep an eye on him and make sure he continues to eat and no more throwing up if he does continue to throw up we may have to do an ultrasound

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s pretty much what I figured. Kitty probably got it out but very glad you went to the vet. Keep an eye on the baby. Sending purrs to you both. Please keep us updated. :)