Kitten And Pumpkin

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a stray kitten and he has worms and fleas. Both are being treated but I got some pumpkin to help with his stomach and mixed about a tablespoon with his food. Afterward, I read that I was supposed to add way less. He's somewhere between 8-11 weeks maybe. Will he be okay?

I keep trying to upload a picture but the site won't let me.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not a vet, but just keep an eye on his poops, into tonight.
If he isn't pooping as usual, you may want to call your vet.
I know tonight and tomorrow is the holiday but if you call your regular clinics number, listen to the greeting and they should provide an emergency number so you could talk to someone if need be :)

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin is a wonder fiber. It both adds stool bulk and regulates moisture. Your boy’s poop will likely be huge but I believe he’ll be okay in the end. So to speak. If he does get bunged up and needs a little help, a very very small amount of raw egg yolk (no white), eighth to quarter teaspoon, should get things moving in 12 to 24 hours. Probably less than that for a kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to take a new one and try to post it today!

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is he doing now?
He' s okay. The pumpkin is helping but sometimes there is still blood in his stool. I gave him a dewormer about a week ago so I think he may have another kind of parasite. The org I reached out to is going to get him vetted and then we will also take a stool sample to get him checked out but other than that he's great. I am still not sure why I can't post a pic. Once it said the file was too big.

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These pics are 11 days apart.