Kitten and adult combo food

Siamese-please24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a food you can feed a 10 weeks old kitten and a 1 year old? Right now I have kitten wet and dry. And then separate for the 1 year old in adult. They always want to eat each other’s food. Just wondering if I have there is a food that they can both eat? I know the kitten needs more since she’s tiny.

oh and the 11 year old comes down and eats what ever she wants 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Sox 10 weeks(yes she has ear mites if you can see them. Being treated already 😉)
Sloan Sheppard 1 year
Sundae 11(she has hairball food)

Attachments

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got a kitten with a 4 year old cat I fed them both kitten food. I know some people don't feed kitten food at all, but I did. I now feed a food that says "all stages," kitten and adult to all of mine (2 year old, 6 year old, 12 year old, 13 year old.) None of them have any health problems that I'd need special food for. I do feed dry food plus wet food. I'm not a food expert, that's just what I do.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
s there a food you can feed a 10 weeks old kitten and a 1 year old?
You may feed both of them wet food labeled 'For All Life Stages' just as what pearl99 pearl99 mentioned.

As for the kitten, you can also get KMR milk replacer and add it to the wet food or dilute it to a little drink for her to lap it up provided she drinks water else, mix it with the food so the the milk replacer don't go wasted. This is to boost her growth and replace the nutrients she has lost when not getting enough of momma's milk. You can stop till she's fatten up like a healthy kitty. Or get food meant for kittens and later switch over to adult food when she's a year old.
Feed her wet food as much as she can eat at one sitting and at least 4 - 5 times a day. Kittens eat lots when they are growing up as they are very active and burn lots of calories.

Wet food is good for kittens and adult cats as they are full of nutrients and proteins which aid in their growth and keeps them fuller for a longer time and keeps them hydrated. Dry food are full of carbohydrates and oil it makes them fat and they are heated up at high temperatures and in the process of doing that, many nutrients are lost.

You can continue to feed both the kitten and the one year old food labeled 'For All Life Stages' way into their adulthood.

My boy is a rescue and he's on wet food 'For all Life Stages' since the first day he came home at 3 weeks till now. He's coming to 4 1/2 years old.

BTW, your kitties are very beautiful :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Last edited:

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two were raised on Fancy Feast pate classic variety, my vet always said they were healthy and growing normally when they were going for their kitten shots, they never had kitten food.