Kitten Adopted Us! - Curious About Kitten's Appearance

tikitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A kitten was meowing outside of our house for a few days and didn't need any convincing to be rescued! :D My husband found him and I have only been able to see the pictures for now so I haven't been able to see any other markings. All I see, besides his striped tail, are his "globs" of ginger! ^_^ I have been trying to figure out his age based on his teeth and I'm thinking he may be about 5 months. Since the moment I saw him, I was curious about what he could be. I've always had cream colored cats so his color stood out immediately because it reminded me of them. They weren't/aren't anywhere close to ginger like this little baby is. My cat that I had for 19 years was simply called a cream colored domestic short hair but he seemed to have some light tabby markings and the current one my mother owns is called a domestic short hair buff tabby or something (a bit darker cream color). All 3 of them have similar tail markings. The biggest difference, besides the ginger, is the amount of white he has everywhere. My other ones mostly had/have it on the belly or areas closer to the claw areas. This one has a thin face, it seems. Also, his ears look slightly rounded at the top. His eyes look slanted inward. Now that I look closely, especially on the picture where he is on the chair, near his low back area, he does seem to have some tabby markings???

These pictures are before he was cleaned up. He kind of reminds me of a koi with similar blobs! Except...he's actually cute! :heart2:

He is not an American kitten (unlike my other two I've had). He is European! I don't know if that matters. :)
The country I'm in has TONS (it's very sad) of stray cats and dogs so there is probably a 99.9% chance your cat or dog will be a mixed breed!

Thanks in advance!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Welcome to TCS!
I am not really sure how to tell breeds and all.
Just wanted to welcome you!!
Your new kitty is a beauty.
I am sure he will be very comfortable and happy in his new home.
Good Luck!
Continue to post more pictures.
Everyone here loves pictures.

rinni585

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this guy is going to be a mixed breed, classified as a domestic short hair, but has pointed spots of colour as well as tabby-like stripes down the tail.  I'm going with likely a tabby-calico (or maybe flame-point Siamese, but less likely)  mix.  There may be something else in there but that seems to be the most likely for his colouring.

http://cats.about.com/od/coatcolorpatternstypes/f/domesticcat.htm - How to identify "domestic" cats 

- I think this link is more applicable, as a domestic short-hair is statistically more likely to be a stray.

http://cfa.org/futureowners/breedpersonalitychart.aspx  - List of specific cat breeds

Any-who, I hope this helps. That little guy is super cute!  :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That pattern is called for Harlequin,  ie lotsa of white with colored spots on ears, tail and the back.

Age yes 5-6 months is as good a goo guess as any.

He is probably a domestic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tikitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That pattern is called for Harlequin,  ie lotsa of white with colored spots on ears, tail and the back.
He is probably a domestic.
I see what you mean about Harlequin. I also happened to find a youtube video with a cat with the same color but giant compared to my kitten. They called their cat a "pure white with orange tabby spots"

the cat's name is Ricco, apparently haha

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

He is probably a domestic.g
So this guy is going to be a mixed breed, classified as a domestic short hair, but has pointed spots of colour as well as tabby-like stripes down the tail.  I'm going with likely a tabby-calico (or maybe flame-point Siamese, but less likely)  mix.  There may be something else in there but that seems to be the most likely for his colouring.

http://cats.about.com/od/coatcolorpatternstypes/f/domesticcat.htm - How to identify "domestic" cats 
    - I think this link is more applicable, as a domestic short-hair is statistically more likely to be a stray.

http://cfa.org/futureowners/breedpersonalitychart.aspx  - List of specific cat breeds

Any-who, I hope this helps. That little guy is super cute!  :)
Look at the video above too. You'll see they're like twins haha I see a "mese" of some sort also.....like I said, this country's cat and dog population are majority strays. Every so often you find a German Shepard or Lasse-Collie type that people take as pets because of obvious reasons. The city I'm in, I've only seen 2 of the dogs I just named and they were owned by someone. There could be more but I don't specifically look for them compared to cats (me: Look a cat!!!! There's another one!!). The cats I've seen owned are still mostly outdoor cats. A neighbor I had, owns a cat who ended up having kittens (mother and baby's were gray tabbys, I think) who stayed outdoors with it's mother. I think I saw the father once lol.. The point is, these cats could literally be mixed with anything and we may never know! But the head of my kitten has a thinness to it, with thin eyes, slanting forward. Definitely looks like some "mese". I have no idea how familiar burmese are here but there are similarities with that kind. The kittens meow is actually kind of "annoying" like a "mese" (I think we all know what I mean??) haha but he mostly cries when it's time for the humans to leave the house cause he misses us. Haha... I see why you may think flame-point Siamese because of the tails maybe....is Harlequin just a color or what? Cause when I looked up Harlequin color on google, different breeds had that color too. There was even a Harlequin Scottish fold, brown tabby mix! She looked like mine, minus the Scottish fold. Maybe my kitten is a DSH Harlequin "Mese" Tabby Mix? Haha sounds fancy!

I'll put the Scottish fold pic after this and it has all it's ownership on it, I hope it's ok to post it. Maybe I'll actually look at the website it's from hahah

Also, thank you. He is cute! :D

Last edited by a moderator: