- Feb 25, 2020
- Reaction score
I adopted two kittens - brother and sister from same litter - this past Christmas. Loki is double the size of Greta, who was the runt of the litter. I took them in for their second distempter vaccinations a week ago. Loki did great but Greta was clearly affected - lethargic, body was shivering every now and then. She seems much better now, one week later, but I am worried about their booster shot in 2 weeks, followed by their operations a week after that. I want to delay Greta's spaying but she'll be at the 6 month old mark at that point and I'm really worried she'll go into heat, which is something we want to avoid. I'm wondering if we should skip her booster vaccination? I'm worried that the booster, followed by her operation a week later will be too taxing on her body. On the other hand, if we don't do the booster will she be more susceptible to the respiratory viruses that she may contract at the vet clinic during her operation? What would you do?