Kitchen Cart/Island

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I knew this day would come. I need a kitchen cart. As much as I'd love an outright kitchen island, we simply don't have the room for it. But I have too much "stuff" that I'm not willing to take down to the basement. There's no counter space anymore. None. Yesterday, before I could start my pies, I had to clean the counter off, move everything to the kitchen table. That's a pain in the butt and I'm tired of doing it.

I bought this: Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More Not from Wayfair as I found it $300 cheaper elsewhere with free shipping. They have it in distressed white (I'm not fond of distressed anything). I bought it in black. It is stationary. I'm going up to where we bought our granite countertops to see if they still have any pieces. The stand is heavy enough that it will take granite and it's a way to tie it into the kitchen. We're also going to put our own hardware on to match the kitchen cabinets. It's gotten a lot of good reviews.

Rick refused to allow a metal-type cart in the kitchen. He just outright said, "Nope! Not gonna happen!" I showed him a few items that I had looked at and he nixed all of them. I showed him this and he said it would work....with the above-mentioned changes. It's not going to act as an island; I'm putting it over by a wall. Rick also nixed putting it in the center of the kitchen and, frankly, I agree.

I figure I can store Big Red (the big KA mixer) in there, along with my food processor. That will completely clear one countertop and I can put the NFG 5-in-1 in that area. Then I can move the NFG XL over to the corner where the 5-in-1 used to be. Which will help when it comes to baking times. I can always put knickknacks or something on the shelfs. I'm not sure what to put on the top because.......well, the cats will take it over!

What do you think?

1627649473669.png

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like that, looks solid and will hold lots of odds and ends. Post a photo when it's finished with the granite top etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice! My mother has a freestanding island but still needed another thing. She went with a tool box. A big, black tool box. :lol2: The microwave sits on it; but it really does make keeping track of stuff so much easier with the shallow drawers. But it’s a tool box! In the kitchen.:lol::crazy: She loves it too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe some wheels on it would be good so you can move it around and also make it easier to clean under.
Rick mentioned some kind of wheels or casters for it. At the least, we’ll put sliders under the legs to help with moving for cleaning.

I am really excited for it to get here.

And, evidently, my spelling leaves a lot to be desired. I do know that “shelfs” should be spelled as “shelves”. That’s embarrassing. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: