Kirkland Brand Cat And Dog Food

jenny2035

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everybody must read this article and pass on the information. I have 7 cats. They eat canned food for breakfast and are served dry food for the rest of the day. My husband picked up Kirkland brand dry cat food last month. Soon after the diarrhea started. I suspected the new food but did not act on it. Soon 3 of them had it, and one so bad, that his back legs were covered. One of them was going outside box and when I would clean it, I would see gelatinous blood in it. Eventually I decided it was time to take the worse one to the vet, but I decided to Google first and click here to see what I found.

Top 477 Complaints and Reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods

Tell everyone to watch out for their animal's health.

Also, have not watched this yet because I do not have Netflix but I've been told it is an informative documentary on cat food - called Cat Fooled.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did the problem clear up when you stopped this food? I have fed it in the past with no issue (years ago).

Hopefully all your furkids will be ok :vibes::vibes::vibes:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Thanks for the information . I give my cats the non-soy grain free 'natural ' dry food . Their diet is about 60% wet food .

( even I stay away from soy )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny2035

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the problem clear up when you stopped this food? I have fed it in the past with no issue (years ago).

Hopefully all your furkids will be ok :vibes::vibes::vibes:
I don't think Kirkland brand cat and dog food has always had this problem. It seems to be this the most recent manufacturing of the food - perhaps a new component (ground glass? LOL). Hopefully, they will fix the problem or get a new suppier.
I think my cats are getting better now. 3 of them still have diarrhea but not as severe as it was. Yesterday and today they have only had canned food. I bought some Whiskas dry to put them back on. Thank you for your concern.

jenny2035

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
~ Thanks for the information . I give my cats the non-soy grain free 'natural ' dry food . Their diet is about 60% wet food .

( even I stay away from soy )

Tell me more about soy - its bad for our pets and for us?

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, have not watched this yet because I do not have Netflix but I've been told it is an informative documentary on cat food - called Cat Fooled.
It is a documentary well worth watching, about cat AND dog food! But actually it's called "PET FOOLED", so that's what you want to search for on Netflix.

NOTE: It's also on Youtube, so no Netflix subscription needed: pet fooled - YouTube

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some cats either have a corn allergy, or have quite a hard time digesting corn and wheat, which can result in diarrhea. That's how I found out my gal had a problem with gravy recipes that are heavy on the wheat gluten.

Also, just watched Pet Fooled last night on Netflix. Quite revealing.

jenny2035

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is a documentary well worth watching, about cat AND dog food! But actually it's called "PET FOOLED", so that's what you want to search for on Netflix.

NOTE: It's also on Youtube, so no Netflix subscription needed: pet fooled - YouTube
Thank you for the name correction - I will check You Tube.