Kirby's gone

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year I stole one of my parents' cats (Kirby) because he was very sick. I brought him to the vet and he was diagnosed with diabetes. I eventually gave him back to my parents after I felt they truly understood how serious I was about making sure he was cared for. I got news today that Kirby got sick last night and my mom brought him to the emergency vet. There was complications from his diabetes and he had a 50/50 chance of getting through it with a $5000 treatment. My mom decided to have him put down. He was 13 years old. He was the sweetest cat to ever exist. I haven't been on speaking terms with my mom for over a year, so I haven't seen Kirby in that same length of time. I wish I could have seen him one more time. I'm kind of just in shock right now. His best friend, Fiona, who is 18 years old, is going to be devastated. I don't think anyone expected Fiona to outlive Kirby.

Kittymom35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss. Kirby sounds like a beautiful furry friend. You loved him and cared for him and I believe he knows how much you loved him even if you haven’t seen him for a while. I hope you find healing in the days and weeks ahead and comfort in your memories of him.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Kirby, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I know how much this hurts, but...Kirby knew you loved him. He knew then, and he knows now. From That Place Where All Things Are Known, Kirby blesses you for your love for him, and he sends his love, now translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too believe Kirby knows how much you cared and love him. I'm sure he wants you to remember the good times you had with him. RIP sweet Kirby. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kirby will always have a connection to you, love is a bond that is spiritual, so eternal. Even though you were not physically near, he could feel your thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so even after death. I wish he could have had longer, but thirteen years is a good many years for a cat, especially one with health problems. I know it is never enough, but I'm also glad he had yous to care for and love him. Because of that love, he is at peace. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him those of love and happiness, not grief and tears. He may be gone from your life, but he will forever live on in your heart.
guilt, anger, and a host of other emotions are present during grieving. Try to work your way through them all. Time is the only thing that helps with grief, and it takes a lot of it. it dulls the sharp edges and gives us a new perspective on what happened and what we want in our own lives. You did what you could, and he thanks you for that. You gave him what he wanted most in life, someone to love him and care about what happens. To be cherished after death is a great honor. He can feel this and will send what comfort he can back to you. He shared your life's journey for a while, and though he now follows a new path it will always parallel your own. Take care.......RIP dear Kirby. You will always be missed, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!