King Arthur

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My kids had given me a gift card to King Arthur last year as part of my Christmas present. I was waiting for free shipping. Finally, got the email so I threw together an order.

@kat0121, I splurged a bit and ordered a 4-ounce bottle of Fiori di Sicilia instead of the 1-ounce bottle; I remember that we had talked about it and I've been wanting to try it now in sugar cookies, since you had mentioned how good it was in sugar cookies. I also bought some large containers of red and green sugars as they were on sale and I want them for holiday baking. A package of 12-grain Artisan Bread flavoring. Some fancier Dutch process cocoa. Some lemon wafers (I think I could snack on those things, but I also like them for lemon cookies). And new sourdough starter; did I mention that my starter died on me? I managed to keep it going for quite a while, but then it died. Poor starter.

I'm excited!

Can you give me some other ideas for using the Fiori di Sicilia? I'll have to look on the site for some hints, too. Thanks!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have to admit I did not know what this was, therefore, had to look it up. When I did I found this recipe for ricotta cookies which uses Flori di Sicilia: Fiori di Sicilia Cookies Recipe
It sounds tasty.:yummy:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to look it up too, I hadn't heard of it either. It sounds good though. On the King Arthur site it said it was like mixing vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet in the same bowl. That does sound good, like an orange creamsicle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys!

I looked on the King Arthur site and found Orange Sweet Rolls, Lemon Love Buns, and several other recipes that use Fiori di Sicilia. I splurged and bought the larger bottle, so I'll be able to try several recipes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My order came in a few minutes ago. Oh my, the Fiori di Sicilia smells wonderful! Now I want to go home and bake!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Forgot to mention.....a $49 order will get you a two-year free subscription to AllRecipes. I like allrecipes.com and I have a couple of the cookbooks, so I'm going to try the magazine.