Kiki won't eat dry cat food.

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiki stopped eating dry food about a month ago and then started eating it again, but now he is back to not eating his dry food, I currently feed him Meow Mix dry and he won't eat it and i have tried almost all the brands the store has, but he won't touch it and just a couple days ago he ate Meow Mix and now he just won't.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kiki stopped eating dry food about a month ago and then started eating it again, but now he is back to not eating his dry food, I currently feed him Meow Mix dry and he won't eat it and i have tried almost all the brands the store has, but he won't touch it and just a couple days ago he ate Meow Mix and now he just won't.
I thought he was eating Royal Canin . He does not like that anymore ?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to cat servitude. My cats do the same thing. Mine are on a canned only diet and I keep a good variety of foods in the house for the rotation but they often will turn their nose up at a food that they just ate recently without issue. They are very, very picky. When they do that I put that food in the back and then reintroduce it after they decide they don't like something else which is guaranteed to happen sooner than later. 

It's harder for them to adjust to new dry foods without a transition.Try adding some wet food to his diet and use the dry as a topper. You can rotate wet foods much easier than dry. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Welcome to cat servitude. My cats do the same thing. Mine are on a canned only diet and I keep a good variety of foods in the house for the rotation but they often will turn their nose up at a food that they just ate recently without issue. They are very, very picky. When they do that I put that food in the back and then reintroduce it after they decide they don't like something else which is guaranteed to happen sooner than later. 

It's harder for them to adjust to new dry foods without a transition.Try adding some wet food to his diet and use the dry as a topper. You can rotate wet foods much easier than dry. 
I give my cat Fancy Feast and Friskies wet alone cause Kiki does not like when i mix foods, so i don't think i will use wet food as a topper.

I rotate Friskies and Fancy Feast.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I give my cat Fancy Feast and Friskies wet alone cause Kiki does not like when i mix foods, so i don't think i will use wet food as a topper.

That is excellent ,  I am glad he likes the wet food ..  

Are you living  in New Hampshire yet ?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He's eating the  FF and the Friskies? That's good. Maybe he's trying to tell you that that's what he wants instead of the dry. 

The joys of picky eaters.  My Henry was such a good eater until the diva sisters got a hold of him. Now he's almost as picky as they are. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Awesome , how do you like it ?  New Hampshire is beautiful ..

If you want KiKi to eat some kibble as well  try Purina One Smartblend . My cats are super picky and this they love ..
Ok, mabye i will buy Purina One, but i will also buy Organix and see if he likes that.

Are there any brands with gravy and that are carrageenan free?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, mabye i will buy Purina One, but i will also buy Organix and see if he likes that.

Are there any brands with gravy and that are carrageenan free?
Yeah ,  Sheba Cuts in Gravy   is carrageenan free as well as wheat gluten free ..  You can buy it Walmart & Petsmart