Kidney Transplant.

Soshee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.
I'd be super thankful if you took 5 minutes and read the story of my sister's cat that's in need of a kidney transplant. She is running this campaign to collect money for her kitten's kidney transplant which is an enormous expense and she cannot afford it otherwise.
Every help will be appreciated. Even just spreading the word around.
Thank you so much!

CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY.

- Soshee

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, he's such a gorgeous little guy :loveeyes:. I've had three cats with chronic kidney disease, and I know first hand how devastating it can be.

I'm hoping you or she are also posting her gofundme page on facebook, etc to get all the exposure it needs. A little tip that seems to work well is to have anyone...YOU (Soshee) perhaps, make a small donation to get the ball rolling. I've noticed on these things in the past that when no one has donated, no one seems to :frown:. BUT, once someone does, then others do. It's weird, but that seems to be the way of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Soshee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, he's such a gorgeous little guy :loveeyes:. I've had three cats with chronic kidney disease, and I know first hand how devastating it can be.

I'm hoping you or she are also posting her gofundme page on facebook, etc to get all the exposure it needs. A little tip that seems to work well is to have anyone...YOU (Soshee) perhaps, make a small donation to get the ball rolling. I've noticed on these things in the past that when no one has donated, no one seems to :frown:. BUT, once someone does, then others do. It's weird, but that seems to be the way of it.

Thank you so much for your support. Yeah, I think the crucial mistake we have made is that all donations that were made by our friends and family members were personal. If instead we'd direct them to this page everything would turn out differently. We will hope for the best.
3 cats with ckd huh? That must be hard! Are they still alive?
Paul luckily has no other health issues and is young enough to have kidney transplanted. But we will have to adopt another cat from shelter that will be the donator. And in the end we keep and take care both of the cats so basically we save 2 lives. :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe you can talk your friends and family into doing just $5 more on the gofundme page?

No, sadly none of mine are still alive. BUT, they each lived several years after diagnosis, with intervention like sub-q fluids, appetite stimulants, antacids, etc. Doesn't sound like Paul has those options though :frown:.