Kibble powder to raw food

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bengal has become picky on her raw food.
My recipe is 1000gm chicken breast, 150gm gizzard and 150gm heart. Used to put in 100gm of chicken liver but have reduced to 65gm (after reading liver should be 5% of raw diet).
Now she does not line her raw food much and belive its the less liver that is not appetising to her.
Tried mixing bit of ground kibbles (Acana) to the raw food and now she like it
But am I wrong to add grounded kibble to raw food?
BTW I don't add bones as am using Alnutrin with calcium as supplements to the raw food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also tried on wet can food of better quality but again faced ingredient confusion. Wellness core has carrageenan so I am avoiding it. theres a brand called Zealandia. thier chicken can also has lamb and beef but also has guar gum, cassia gum and agar agar. Also mussels in cat food? Have anyone tried this brand?

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I keep Dr. Elsey’s kibble on hand for the very reason you describe. Sometimes one or more of my cats will turn up their noses at their food. If I sprinkle a bit of crushed kibble over the top, I can usually get them to eat their food again.

I’m not familiar with Zealandia, but green-lipped mussels are a good source of omega 3s and vitamins and minerals. It’s usually considered a good ingredient in cat food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. Tnks for the reply. We don’t have Dr Elsey food here. So the best meat based affordable kibble is Acana.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep Dr. Elsey’s kibble on hand for the very reason you describe. Sometimes one or more of my cats will turn up their noses at their food. If I sprinkle a bit of crushed kibble over the top, I can usually get them to eat their food again.

I’m not familiar with Zealandia, but green-lipped mussels are a good source of omega 3s and vitamins and minerals. It’s usually considered a good ingredient in cat food.
We also use Dr. Elsey's for this purpose. I think as long as you don't have to use too much Acana it should be just fine!

Also, as "just in case." Green-lipped mussels are indeed a good ingredient, though one of our cats is sensitive to them! They make her barf. They're in some very good foods and I suspect that this is not a very common problem. I'm not familiar with Zealandia, either, but the agar-agar would mean that neither of our cats could eat it! (Vomit again.) I don't think that's a very common reaction, either, though I do seem to recall someone else mentioning a problem with agar-agar.