KFC does work!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've used Kentucky Fried Chicken before to trap ferals, but never switched from canned to KFC mid stream.

Tonight we had 3 trapping stations going on around town. 3 of us manned each station with a woman driving between picking up the cats that were caught.

We started the night with Fancy Fiest Salmon, and while it attracted interest, my site only had a few heads pop inside, pull out and walk away. A few hours passed with no real interest.

Then the mobile woman brought up some Kentucky Fried Chicken. We baited the trap with that, she left, and within 2 minutes, 5 cats came out of the blue. A tuxie climbs inside the trap, eats all the chicken and the d*mned trap doesn't trip! *sigh* I rebate the trap with chicken, set the tension as light as it goes.

At that point I leave for the night, relieved by another person. They just called to say that the tuxie came back, the trap worked this time around, which is good because he has a bad injury to his ear.

The other 2 sites trapped 2 cats each. We wanted to catch 12, but we're happy to catch 5. They are off to the low cost spay/neuter clinic in the morning.

Thank you Kentucky Fried Chicken!! WOOHOO!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy ,

It's so nice of you to do this!!! An I'm passing on the KFC information along to a firend of mine who's trying to capture the neighborhood feral/stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the trick: Buy a couple of pieces with a biscuit. Use the chicken for the trap and you can nibble the biscuit while you are waiting for the cats to show up.

Remember to bring along napkins or wet wipes - that chicken is really greasy!

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Here's the trick: Buy a couple of pieces with a biscuit. Use the chicken for the trap and you can nibble the biscuit while you are waiting for the cats to show up.

Remember to bring along napkins or wet wipes - that chicken is really greasy!
HeeHeeHeeeeeeeee

What a GREAT trick you thought of!!!

Hey, I WILL remember the KFC idea next time we trap!!! (THANKS!!!
)

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm.I may need to try this with my hard to catch feral momma cat.

Great job on catching the ferals.