Keiko needs some vibes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I came home from the grocery store and was taking my foster kittens out of their cages to feed them when I noticed Keiko wasn't acting like himself. This was odd because he was seemingly healthy and is catching up on his weight- he weighs almost 15oz now (when I rescued them, he only weighed 3 1/2 oz and was about to die). I immedately got some pedialyte in him and put him in the car to take to the shelter. On the way up there, he started to have a seizure in the car. It was soo sad
/ When we got there, I gave him some IV fluids to help him out. He's doing a bit better now - he's resting in his carrier on a heating pad & his kitty bed. Hopefully he will feel better soon. If you don't mind, could you spare some vibes & prayers for the little one. He's had a rough day, and he really didn't like it when his meowmy " rudly stabbed him with an iv needle and held him down. He looked so sad- he didn't understand what his meowmy was doing to him. He thought i was torturing him,- he looked like I had just shattered his little heart and betrayed him...I felt so bad for him, but I gave him the IV anyways- i'm not taking any chances with my furbabies
-he protested the entire time even though i was gentle with him. Once it was over though, he did really good and perked up a bit....so hopefully he will continue to do so. Please keep this sweet little one in your prayers & vibes today! He needs them so he can feel better and play with his little sister

Keiko

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone! I appreciate the prayers and vibes. We already lost Lex this week, I would be devistated if something happened to little Keiko too. I think Keiko should be ok though- I gave him the IV as soon as I got there ( I administer the iv's at the shelter
...but i don't have the proper things to do it at my house) He's in his carrier curled up asleep- I just checked on him and he seemed alright. I put his ringworm medicine on him while he was sleeping
( Kenzie & Keiko were covered in ringworm when I first got them- i've been putting them through ringworm treatments so hopefully it should clear up soon. -i'm one of the only foster mommas that will take in a kitty with ringworm- most of them won't because of the risk of spreading it to other animals and themselves...so i'm just super careful when I have a ringworm kitty in my house- I always have extra prescriptions just in case and everything is sanitized
I'm just hoping he doesn't have any more seizures- he's gone through enough with the abuse and the ringworm outbreak...he doesn't need anything else to deal with
. Thankyou everyone for your vibes & prayers- my little man needs them very much right now

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prayers & healing thoughts for sweet Keiko.

RIP darling Lex.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update:

I feed Keiko & Kenzie just a minute ago. Keiko is not looking soo great
. He can't stand up too well and he can't use the bathroom on his own now...that is not good news. He ate his dinner well and I gave him lots of pedialite...so hopefully that should help. I also helped "relieve" him so to speak...so the little guy doesn't have to worry about that. Please continue to pray for him and send him vibes- hopefully he will perk up soon. Thankyou soo much everyone. I really appreciate everyone keeping up with little Keiko's condition and sending him lots of sweet vibes!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keiko will certainly be in my prayers, what a sweet little baby.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Prayers & healing thoughts for sweet Keiko.

RIP darling Lex.
Thankyou- i was really thinking about Lex today when I was taking Keiko in for the same issues. I just hope Keiko doesn't have the same fate....Hopefully he will be alright

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's lots of {{{{good health}}}} vibes for poor little Keikio. Get better sweetie. And here's some {{{{hang in there}}} vibes for you for all you've been through with the kitties.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou!!! I really appreciate that a ton!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he just started crying a minute ago, so i ran into my room to check on him
....he is still in really bad shape. When I looked in his carrier he was laying flopped over in the litter pan. I took him out of there and cleaned him up really well (trust me, he needed it.) Then i stuffed him full of pedaliyte...Now he's wrapped up in a blankie right beside me. I feel horrible for him. He has already been to the vet today- they said there's nothing else they can do for him aside from me giving him the iv earlier. The rest is up to Keiko's body. I hope he can pull through. I think he's hurting- he starts screaming hysterically when i hold him at times - i've been very very careful with him...i'm wondering if he's hurting from his seizure earlier??? / He can move his front legs and push himself up- but he can't move his back legs and kinda flips over when he tries. This is soo heartbreaking to watch. He is still very responsive with his eyes and face....and very vocal. I'm just afraid he may be hurting. I called the emergency vet a minute ago and explained what was going on- they also said there is nothing else that they can do...
I really hope my little keiko pulls through. His little tummy is hurting him too- he has horrid diarreah (sorry for the details). That is why i'm giving him lots of pedialyte. He has already been dewormed so i know that it is definitely not worms giving him an upset tummy. It's definitely the seizures causing all of his problems. Please continue to send those wonderful TCS vibes for Keiko- he really needs them right now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou- i really appreciate that. I'm online as we speak looking up possible explainations for his seizures. :*(

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little baby! Bless you for taking such wonderful care of him, and trying so hard to pull him through. Sending out feel better vibes to both of you . You must be exhausted from all the special care and time you have spent caring for the little ones.
Is there any news this morning?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sound like poor Keiko is suffering.

Other than doing nothing, did the emergency vet suggest any other options?
Are you going to take him to his regular vet this morning?

Poor Baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.