Keiko needs some vibes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much everyone! I really appreciate your support.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I haven't posted; the news was a little much for me. I'm soooo sorry about you having to go through this. It's hard, I know. But I will be thinking of you and praying for a miracle.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am so very sorry to hear this, I will be thinking of you today. It must be so hard losing two in such a short space of time, but at least they were with you, and knew love and affection in their short lives, they had that bit longer, and more importantly, they didn't have to suffer.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou once again everyone. I really appreciate your words of comfort & vibes today. I just got finished feeding Kenzie & Keiko a minute ago. When I went to get Keiko out of his carrier, he was flopped over on his back and he had had an upset stomach and gotten sick all over his fur. I cleaned him up and fed him a bit. He is just soo pitiful. What makes it worse is that he's alert - but in pain...it's like a contridiction. I'm really sad about this. I have a dentist appointment today around 1:00. After that, I plan to come home and get him. When we get to the appointment- the vet is going to look at him one last time and make sure that we've exhauseted every means before he will be pts. Hopefully, he will not have to be, but realistically....i know he's in pain. This is gonna be a really hard thing to do- but i am soo greatful that I have everyone's vibes and love today! I really appreciate that, as does little Keiko. If he does wind up having to be pts....this will be the third foster i've lost in a month- that's a really hard blow to handle. When Kenzie & Keiko were found- they had a little brother with them- and he passed on only a few hours after I had him at my house- he was so sick and badly beathen from those boys
. Lex passed on a little over a week ago....and now Keiko might...so this is tough- but I'm resting in the comfort though that even though they didn't live long- while I had them I was able to provide them with vet care, a loving home, warm bed, and food in their tummies....that kind of helps. I'm very greatful though that Kenzie is doing soo well- she's keeping my spirits up- Last night, She managed to escape from her playpen in the dining room...and my little Isabella went over to her, held her down and started grooming and kissing her- it was soo sweet- seems like Isabella has adopted her a kitten lol. / I'm so greatful if even one makes it- I just hope Keiko can also- but I also realize he's in pain and he doesn't deserve to suffer like that. Thankyou once again everyone. I'll update throughout the day. Please keep me in your prayers if you don't mind. I don't think I will be going back there with Keiko if they do have to have him pts. That is way too hard....I would rather have my last memory of him be of him when he was alive and in my arms eating his lunch. My friend at the shelter, Heather, has offered to hold him in his last minutes if need be- I just can't bring myself to watch yet another foster kitten die.
Thankyou again everyone

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You and Keiko are in my prayers today, Nikki. God bless you both! You are so strong and I admire you greatly.

With Love,
~ Bobbi ~

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am continuing to send vibes and prayers for you and Keiko! I'm still hoping for a miracle, but if one doesn't come at least Keiko won't have to suffer any more.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wanted to update everyone about this afternoon. While it wasn't the outcome I had hoped for, it was a peacefull one. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...actually, it wasn't bad at all-it was serene and sweet in a way. I took Keiko to the Bartlett Animal Shelter and had the vet examine him one last time and I asked if there was anything else we could do- sadly, there wasn't and he was in soo much pain that the decision was made to euthanize him. One of my good friends, Mariam (Mariam is a dude
) was the one to administer the medicine...he was so sweet the entire time and was really gentle with Keiko. I was soo glad he was there because I knew how much he cared for those animals and that he would be really gentle to Keiko. I held Keiko the whole time. We gave him medicine to make him sleepy first and once he fell asleep, Mariam gave him the euthanizia medicine. Keiko took his last breath in my arms and it was just really peaceful. Once it was all over with...I was talking to Mariam and told him- that was not bad at all- it was really peaceful, and I was much happier knowing I had made the right decision and he could go in peace....and never have to endure another series of seizures or use the bathroom on himself or cry out in pain when trying to walk. It was sad- but in a good way- Keiko will never be in pain again and he is now playing at the rainbow bridge and happy. I'm happy for the little angel. He didn't have a long life- but while he was here with us, he was loved and cared for very much. I am happy knowing that. Thankyou everyone for all of your kind words and support- I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.