Keeping Things Clean

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
is it even possible to keep things clean with cats? They have their own room that I keep their litter boxes in with twobreally large litter box mats. They also have the litter boxes that they enter and exit out from the top to help keep the spread of litter to a minimum, however it’s an end less battle and bits of litter gets tracked all throughout that room. I’m looking for a better solution. I’m going to be moving soon and they won’t have their own room, I’d like to find some way to cut down on the litters travel from the boxes to all over. I had a good set up for a while. I am also looking for something that hides the “eye sore” of a litter box, like those that you put into what looks like an end table. Any suggestions? Thanks!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Depending on whether you want clumping or not, a couple of relatively new Littermaid litters don't track, their corncob litter and their walnut litter.
There is also Dr Elsey's respiratory relief crystals you could try, especially since you're using an enclosed litterbox situation you want to consider keeping the dust to a minimum.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can use a litter that isn't clay based. Most corn, walnut, and paper based litters don't get tracked all over the place I have noticed. I also found that having a litter mat that looks kind of like fake grass causes less tracking than the rubber mats.