Keeping kittens INSIDE enclosure! Pls help!

Muchkin's Muffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I have brought an enclosure for my foster kittens (this one: Selecta Multi-Purpose Animal Enclosure ) it's walls are 80cm tall and I've got it covering a room like this:
1614064635422.png

Do anyone have any idea of a cost effective way to keep the kittens out of this enclosure??? I would rather not cover the top or install a roof.

Thanks!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How old are the kittens? If they're any older than about 4 weeks they're just going to climb straight over those enclosure walls. I think it's going to be very difficult to keep them inside without a roof of some kind.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah:

You'd have to get walls at least 5 feet tall with no place to grip to keep a kitten from climbing it. Even then, with corners they can wedge themselves in and shimmy up. Most foster parents I know will keep kittens contained until they climb the wall in their smaller area then take down the wall and give the kittens the full room. There just isn't a way without a solid door to contain kittens once they know how to climb.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm afraid the only way to keep kittens in is to cover the top.

What is your reason for not wanting to cover the top? If it's because you want to be able to see in, you could try something like a garden screen mesh. (Do a search at Home Depot or Lowe's). You'd have to figure out some way to secure it so the kittens can't get through any gaps.

BNE

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would some sort of mechanism that kept cats out of fences work?

If it was maybe 1.2m tall?

It sure is hard to keep em in without a cover.