keeping cats out of my yard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bebonner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Thats my worry as well
I share your concerns. One of our neighbors was scratched by one of the roaming cats a few weeks ago and was heard to say, "####!!, that's it, I'm gonna kill those ### cats."

I hope this was just male bravado and that I can find a solution soon before something like this happens to the cats.
Wish me luck

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Man, I hate it when people leave others to deal with their responsibilities.

Good luck, I hope it gets resolved well.

luvmymanx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbeyCat

have you contacted the owners and let them know you will go to these lengths? they might listen better..
I don't agree with trapping them and sending them to a shelter, even if they will be returned, because apart from the stress they could pick up illnesses etc there.
They can pick up illnesses from roaming around too.... most cat illnesses are prevented from vaccines so if they arent vaccinated then the owners arent
responsible enough to own animals anyway. The shelter can find them owners who are.... a good indicator would be if the owners are willing to spend the money to get them out. I would try talking to the neighbors frst though...maybe they would be willing to help with making your yard a cat free zone in leu of spending $$ to get them out of the shelter. Get copies of the laws in print, maybe print out some solutions to keep them out of other's yards and present it as an alternative to you trapping them.... then see how they respond. I know I respond to someone with facts much better than an irate person. Do they have any idea their cats are bothering the neighbors? I think trapping is a good solution after you've given the owners a chance to be responsible.

Nancy

Good luck

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for the cats, but it's insensative cat-owners like that who give the rest of us a bad-name. Very frusterating.
Not insensative, irresponsible is more like it.
Sometimes i wish it were as simple to get rid of some humans as it is animals?!.
You took the words right out of my mouth