Keeping Cats in One Room

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for reassuring me! The thought of rehoming them truly makes me sad. Also, this is not a permanent thing. I’m hoping to have my own place next year. For the meantime, I want my kittens to grow healthy and happy! I’m really doing my best to support them, but I read so many articles about keeping cats in a room is cruel.
I think the articles are actually saying keeping them in a tiny room such as a bathroom or utility closet is cruel.

Indy has her own room here with the best view in the house (I'm a bit jealous tbh) she is a very high energy and curious animal. I sometimes need a break from her running around and getting into everything. She also stays there to eat and when I go to bed (she will try to bite me while I sleep and howel) and stays there when I'm not home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pringandpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the articles are actually saying keeping them in a tiny room such as a bathroom or utility closet is cruel.

Indy has her own room here with the best view in the house (I'm a bit jealous tbh) she is a very high energy and curious animal. I sometimes need a break from her running around and getting into everything. She also stays there to eat and when I go to bed (she will try to bite me while I sleep and howel) and stays there when I'm not home.
Thank you so much for your response! I’m glad you shared about Indy’s room. It is really reassuring to hear cat parents share how they try to give the best possible environment for their cats. 😻