Keep Mamanyt1953 in your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bek also says she got the flowers and thanks everyone on TCS for them, and she says that her brain is intact and that she'll be back, which I believe is exactly what we all needed to hear. :dance:

Margret
That is wonderful! She is a strong woman. I have yet to interact with her but from what I hear, she is loved by many people! Thank you, Margret, for the update.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just spoke with her nurse. He’s been in her room several times this morning, and the doctor visited her this morning also, and he reports that she’s doing well.

Every time Bek gets up the energy to text, one of the things she says is that she’s tired. Largely this must be a direct result of the stroke — her brain is probably in extreme need of sleep to help it heal. But the other part is that hospitals are not restful places; the beds are uncomfortable, the schedule is unfamiliar, and there are always the sounds of other patients, monitoring equipment, things being wheeled through the halls, and so forth. So, better than text messages, that Bek has to do something about, are things like cards and flowers, so that when she happens to be awake she can see reminders all around her of how beloved she is. And when sending flowers, please bear in mind that Bek does have allergies, so sticking with flowers that are lightly scented is probably wise.

If you wish to send cards please contact artiemom artiemom or myself for the address.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But the other part is that hospitals are not restful places; the beds are uncomfortable, the schedule is unfamiliar, and there are always the sounds of other patients, monitoring equipment, things being wheeled through the halls, and so forth.
And from my experience in the hospital (and I assume this is similar whether you're giving birth or recovering from a stroke), they wake you up every hour or two to take your vitals (or your baby's vitals) and then you get desperate for sleep so they put a do not disturb sign on your door and then the cleaning crew barges in despite it wanting to sweep your floor.

So I can only imagine how tired she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.