Keep Mamanyt1953 in your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I’m just glad that she was able to know that everyone here is putting out all the healing energy they can find. I probably won’t be talking to her again very soon because I want her to focus only on healing and rest. We need her back with us! It was a great relief to hear her voice. She sounded very much herself, just tired. Any news I get will be passed on though. Thank you to everyone here. We’ll keep a spot warm for her.:grouphug2:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OK... I got an update... from Bek and someone else... privacy, so not mentioning names..

Bek is in a fairly good hospital.. not the one right in her town.. a different one.. how she got there I do not know.. I only know sketchy details, through texting..
Bek had a stroke... no paralysis... She is dizzy when standing.. texting is limited..

There are a lot of tests which need to be run... so please:
*****Begging you all to please give Bek some rest from texting and calls... texting seems to be difficult for anyone in the hospital..

Hekitty and the kitties are all being well taken care of ...

If I hear anything else. I will certainly let you all know.. I got permission to tell all 'the cat people"...
So no betrayal of privacy...

I hope this helps relieve some of our anxieties... Yes, I did get a limited text from Bek, herself...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I consider Bek ( Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ) to be my heart sister, so this has hit me particularly hard. However, I'm not despairing, and here's why:

In 2001 a friend at my church had a very bad stroke (worse than Bek's, from all I can find out) and his doctor told his wife that she needed to prepare herself; that her husband might never have meaningful speech again.

When my mother, the most incredible physical therapist I've ever met (and I've met more than my fair share), heard this she told me I had to call the wife and tell her not to listen to the doctor on this subject; that healing continues for at least a year after a stroke. So I called the wife, who told me that she already knew the doctor was talking nonsense on that subject because her husband already had meaningful speech. Mostly he was expressing his frustration, in words that I can't repeat on a family website, but it was definitely meaningful. :lol:

Since 2001 there's been a lot of research done on neuroplasticity. Scientists used to think that brain cells can't regenerate -- we now know that they were mistaken about that; brain cells can and do regenerate, all the time; they just do it slowly. So, while I think that Bek has a long recovery in front of her I also think that she will recover, and I strongly suspect that she'll recover fully.

There's more. Bek has been having attacks of vertigo since before I ever joined TCS and met her. Both she and her doctor thought they were related to her allergies. But this stroke presented as the worst attack of vertigo she's ever had, which makes me think that all along the vertigo has likely been caused by TIAs, Transient Ischemic Attacks, or mini-strokes. So now that Bek has a proper diagnosis I expect that her doctor will prescribe a blood thinner for her and work with her to get the dosage right, preventing any future strokes. And that means that this may be a blessing in disguise, that Bek will come out of this feeling better than she has in a very long time. At least, that's my hope, and I believe that it's based in reality.

Blessed be, everyone. Thank you all so much for your support of Bek in this most difficult time.

Margret

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of tests which need to be run... so please:
*****Begging you all to please give Bek some rest from texting and calls... texting seems to be difficult for anyone in the hospital..
Best advice ever! :agree: I completely agree that Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , (Bek), should be left alone and allowed to rest and recuperate at her own pace. I'm sure she knows how much we miss and care about her. :hugs: Hopefully our prayers and special thoughts will help to bring her home soon.:hearthrob:

ETA: Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I know you were a tremendous help to Bek when the hurricanes affected the area where she lives. Thank you for letting us know she is in stable condition. 🤗

Margret Margret Thank you for your informative post and, most of all, your optimistic outlook. :heartshape:

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a limited update.. as it is early..
Bek is "doing fine" , "recovering well".....
I am getting just short emoji's as answers.. She must be exhausted..

I just do not want her inundated with unnecessary questions.. It is ok to text to tell her you are thinking about her.. but, in my opinion, Please do not overdo it... She does need support, but...

If I come across harsh, I really apologize, but I know how it is in the hospital.. I know how it is being alone.. and I want to strike a balance,, and not overwhelm her...

I took it upon myself with that request.. not from anyone else.. so get upset with me, if you must....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.